I've been involved with Dark Risings in many
different capacities over the years. I have been
a hardcore roleplayer, a builder, a pester thief,
a blood hungry PKer, and an immortal. Given my
familiarity with DR, here's what I've got to say:
- Lots of stuff to do after you can't advance levels.
Hunt for rare equipment, quest, learn a trade skill,
become a master enchanter.
- Very flavorful, unique areas.
- Most of my fellow old PKers are gone. That means it's
easier for new people to learn the PK ropes and participate
without getting automatically crushed.
- Each character is a unique playing experience. You
can customize your skills as well as race/class. Characters
do not all 'play the same.' Guilds, werecharacters,
and vampires present an even more customizable experience.
- Periodically, there are large scale conflicts or guild wars.
These are wonderful RP and PK experiences.
- IMM staff is very courteous
- IMMs can sometimes be very heavy-handed in the
administration of the MUD. They have essentially declared
peace in mortal wars, unilaterally.
- Though guilds are a great opportunity, few guilded
players are active. In the past, this was a vibrant
'community' in the mud. Now, less so. Still, it's the
sort of thing that runs in cycles. It is unfortunate
that the best experiences are often to be had outside
of the formal guilds, though.
Use the following form to submit your comment. Please keep in mind these guidelines:
A valid email address is required. Your submitted review will be sent to your email address to be confirmed.
Please provide detailed, factual, and informative review content.
Profanity or offensive content will not be accepted.
Please check for proper spelling before submitting your review.