The Mud Connector

Author Topic: Gates of Krynn  (Read 4308 times)

Gicker

• View Profile
    • d20MUD: Star Wars
Gates of Krynn
« on: August 03, 2018, 7:00 PM »

Hello all,

Some of you might remember I was working on a CoffeeMUD based reboot of the old CircleMUD: Age of Dragons.  I'm working on that again, and it's been renamed to Gates of Krynn.

For those who don't know or recall, it's a role play encouraged, Dragonlance themed MUD currently running CoffeeMUD 5.9.6.  Currently the Palanthas area of the world is done, as well as much of Solamnia, totally over 4,000 rooms of zones thus far.  The rest of the map is accessible, but there are no mobs or objects loading.  The total world size is around 11,000 rooms.

In addition to converting zones over to CoffeeMUD, I'm also working on adding some new Dragonlance themed classes.  Today I added Crown Knight, Sword Knight and Rose Knight, the different Knights of Solamnia classes, and a few new abilities for Crown Knights: Knightly Courage, Fight to the Death and Strength of Honor.  When these 3 have their new abilities added, I'll also be adding classes for Thorn Knight, Skull Knight, and Lily Knight (Knights of Takhisis) as well as Holy Order of the Stars Priest and White Robed Conclave Wizard, Red Robed Conclave Wizard and Black Robed Conclave Wizard.

CoffeeMUD is a great base under constant development, and I'll be keeping our MUD up to date with new CoffeeMUD releases as well.  You can see many of our implemented features at: http://gatesofkrynn.com/features.php

Check us out at www.gatesofkrynn.com on port 4500 and take a peek at other projects I'm involved in: d20MUD: Star Wars and Age of Dragons MUD
d20MUD Star Wars: Role Play, PvE & PvP using d20 and SAGA rules
www.d20mud.com d20mud.com port 6000

4th Age Dragonlance Role Play & Adventure
gatesofkrynn.com port 4500

Gicker

• View Profile
Re: Gates of Krynn
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 8:42 PM »
Also, we changed the exp system back to CoffeeMUD default.  Most characters made before this posting will find they have a tonne of extra exp.  Consider this a gift for being a returning player :)  My recommendation would be to use all that exp to level up as much as you can, and then, if you're especially high, you could consider doing a remort.  Remorting gives benefits to future characters created on your account.  But just know, when you remort, your exp goes to zero, so get as many levels as you can before remorting, as there are multiple tiers of remorts.  Cheers!

Gicker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 8:43 PM »
And thirdly, I disabled the following game systems that I felt are a bit tedious: hunger, thirst, allergies, addictions, ageing and hygiene.

Jodah

• TMC Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 5:17 AM »
3 muds, how do you do it?

Gicker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2018, 11:15 AM »
Well, the short answer is, I don't.  Age of Dragons and d20MUD both have some staff members and some regulars that keep the lights on.  But generally I only focus my development on one MUD at a time.  I know I'd be 'more successful' if I just focused on one, but I have trouble sticking to a single interest.  Hope that doesn't deter anyone, but it is what it is.

On the subject of Gates of Krynn, I just finished adding a Knight class.  I have a few more abilities to code for them, but it's shaping up nicely.  I also reimplemented supply orders for artisans, wherein they can have their crafting items automatically redeemed for coin value, as well as an out of character say channel and rsay channel that awards rp exp.

Cheers,

Gicker

Tijer

• TMC Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2018, 10:00 AM »
Well, the short answer is, I don't.  Age of Dragons and d20MUD both have some staff members and some regulars that keep the lights on.  But generally I only focus my development on one MUD at a time.  I know I'd be 'more successful' if I just focused on one, but I have trouble sticking to a single interest.  Hope that doesn't deter anyone, but it is what it is.

On the subject of Gates of Krynn, I just finished adding a Knight class.  I have a few more abilities to code for them, but it's shaping up nicely.  I also reimplemented supply orders for artisans, wherein they can have their crafting items automatically redeemed for coin value, as well as an out of character say channel and rsay channel that awards rp exp.

Cheers,

Gicker

Someone who works like i do! :P  I cant seem to concentrate on one MUD at a time either!! :)
--Tijer

Gicker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2018, 4:42 PM »

Cheers,

Gicker

Someone who works like i do! :P  I cant seem to concentrate on one MUD at a time either!! :)

It's a curse huh?  Haha