The Mud Connector

Author Topic: Writers Wanted  (Read 1490 times)

Erion

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
    • Erion Homepage
Writers Wanted
« on: May 16, 2018, 5:20 AM »
Greetings!

We’re looking for a writer who is interested in writing a few helpfiles on occasion and building new areas. Willingness to create small quests in your area is also a plus :)--if you don’t know how to prog we can teach you, or another builder will gladly prog your quest for you if you give details for the story/dialogue and what you have in mind for your quest.

The IMMs work with builders to give ideas for what kinds of areas are needed. We have a building website with detailed information on everything you could want to know about our building tools. If you’re familiar with ROM/ROT-style OLC you’ll have an easy time getting used to building on the MUD. Please contact Aelyn in game via tells if interested.

MUD ADDRESS: erionmud.com port 1234
MUD HOMEPAGE: www.erionmud.com

Thank you.
Aelyn of Erion
erionmud.com port 1234
http://erionmud.com/

Flint Stovetop

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
Re: Writers Wanted
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 11:35 PM »
Just out of curiosity can game worlds or at least rooms be created by a mobile phone or do you really need a PC?  Also is there actual code you have to learn or you just point and click for a room and events?  I would assume descriptions are done fairly easily.  Events and ballons or flags are a bit more complicated I would think.  So many different strings of code and one wrong thing can crash or make it incomplete.  I have worked on Quest and it was basically point and click and you just put all the fine details and story elements.  I have tried TADz or something and that was a pain is the arsenic.

Jodah

• View Profile
Re: Writers Wanted
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 4:21 AM »
ROM has an OLC system that is easily learned, has scripts, and enable you to build while on mobile just like how you can play on a mobile.  If you don't know the system, it's always easiest to learn the scripts and keywords on PC.