The Mud Connector

Author Topic: Thread Locked  (Read 4180 times)

nullscan

• TMC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Thread Locked
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2018, 12:19 PM »
when you've got users evading threadlocks by sending bulk abusive PMs at a time and you're doing nothing about it

And yet I don't see a single moderator report or PM to the moderators about this.

I went ahead and re-reported all 5 of Darkozx's messages.  The first 2 are repeat reports and the last 3 are in reference to the messages I've mentioned in this thread specifically.  I never bothered to report the last 3 the first time because Forum Mods were just blatantly ignoring the first 2.

Molly

• Community Manager
  • TMC Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2018, 3:20 PM »
We are not normally acting on reports about personal messages, for two reasons;
1. because we assume that people make use of the Ignore option, if they want to block messages from a certain poster
2. because personal messages are only seen by the reciever, and subsequently do not taint the Forum experience negatively for everyone else

Molly O'Hara of 4 Dimensions
4Dimensions.org Port 6000

Jeshin OR

• TMC Member
  • Discord - Jeshin#6713
    • View Profile
    • Optional Realities
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2018, 3:47 PM »
Realistically the odds of two posters having the kind of very quick ramp up that Nullscan and Dark have had is low. I am confused as to how they do not have both set to ignore and why a single post going "no u wrong bish" per thread isn't enough. Normally such opposed posters reach an equalibrium where they post around each other or simple one post a disagreement and focus on the thread.

Should there really be such consideration to general policy when the occurence to this degree is so rare? Why not just tell them to cut the sh**, they're both completely capable and are clearly well versed enough in forum-fu they could condense their ire to a single post per thread which is bearable if annoying.

Bronn

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2018, 4:39 PM »
I am confused as to how they do not have both set to ignore and why a single post going "no u wrong bish" per thread isn't enough

Sir, this is the internet. Arguments don't end.

Should there really be such consideration to general policy when the occurence to this degree is so rare? Why not just tell them to cut the sh**, they're both completely capable and are clearly well versed enough in forum-fu they could condense their ire to a single post per thread which is bearable if annoying.

If anything, probably to have a standard for when two different people get into it. It's not always going to be the same people trolling/feeding the troll. Better to have a plan and not need it than to need a plan and not have it.

Ateraan

• TMC Veteran
  • New Worlds Ateraan
    • View Profile
    • New Worlds Ateraan
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2018, 10:29 PM »
I went ahead and re-reported all 5 of Darkozx's messages.  The first 2 are repeat reports and the last 3 are in reference to the messages I've mentioned in this thread specifically.  I never bothered to report the last 3 the first time because Forum Mods were just blatantly ignoring the first 2.
And you are still off topic.  ;)

Let's stick to topic and not worry about others. That would be ideal.
New Worlds Ateraan
www.ateraan.com

Ateraan

• TMC Veteran
  • New Worlds Ateraan
    • View Profile
    • New Worlds Ateraan
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2018, 10:30 PM »
One possibility we are discussing is moving forward with what we were calling a cool off or time out ban, which would be in cases of two posters going back and forth as have been happening, issuing a 24 or 48 hour ban to both users, regardless of who started it provided that both parties are engaging in the back and forth.
I don't mind this if it is thought out and incremental starting small.
New Worlds Ateraan
www.ateraan.com

Jodah

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2018, 4:13 AM »
You get a thread lock and you get a thread lock, everyone gets a thread lock!

Seriously, come over to reddit.com/r/mud, it has twice the activity as this place and you don't have to walk on eggshells with snowflake mods.

nullscan

• TMC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2018, 1:25 PM »
You get a thread lock and you get a thread lock, everyone gets a thread lock!

Seriously, come over to reddit.com/r/mud, it has twice the activity as this place and you don't have to walk on eggshells with snowflake mods.

You're not even answering this thread - you're vectoring from another thread that got locked because of one of your little trollbuddies.  Why don't you take your angst and go find someplace it's appropriate and expected, like a junior high school?  You make TMC look like a pile of sh** with your behavior.  MU Newbies who run across these posts are going to associate this juvenile stupidity with everyone who's already involved in the hobby.

So let's aim for the ultimate irony:  Lock the whiney thread about how threads get locked because of brainless melodrama that has no place on TMC.

Darkozx

• Owner of Dragonball Evolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2018, 2:42 PM »
That you just added more drama to.
Dragonball Evolution, the longest running DBZ MUD online!
Address: evolution.wolfpaw.net
Port: 1874

Epilogy

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2018, 4:25 PM »
Release.... the llamas...

TheDude is dead.

Stop bothering me already 3: