The Mud Connector

Author Topic: Thread Locked  (Read 4176 times)

nullscan

• TMC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Thread Locked
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2018, 5:53 PM »
To set the record straight, when I get banned, I do not attempt to post until I am unbanned. I have never made another account on TMC and I don't intend to. In the past when I was banned I did not attempt to contact anyone on TMC nor did I "stalk" them. I also do not have a following or crew on reddit, 4chan or any other website that will do my beckoning. Stop acting like you're a bigger victim than you already are. If you block me, you will never have a reason to "view" my posts or get upset by them. You act as if I'm a noob or something but I've been doing this just as long as you if not longer. A simple solution is to choose not to respond to my posts on threads that are not calling you out directly or involving you besides being open to the public eye. Viewing something does not require a response, that is your choice.

If any of this was true, meaning if you actually possessed the character traits you claim in the quoted post, you would have never PM'd me again after the first time when I made it abundantly clear you weren't welcome to.

... or the second time, when I did the same with harsh language, and then posted your racist dogma back to the thread that inspired you to PM it to me.

... OR THE THIRD TIME, as referenced/documented above, which on your part was absolutely not a reply to me or anything I'd done by any stretch of the imagination, but in fact a continuation of the previously abusive behavior newly inspired by this thread, which up to that time I had not participated in at all.  So how do you justify doing it while simultaneously denying that you'll just find new ways/excuses to continue the same behavior no matter what?

So we've established that you are a liar.

It's even evidenced by the fact that suddenly your tone is less confrontational and your approach is less, "CAN'T TOUCH ME, NEENER NEENER NEENER," now that you've figured out that my objection to you is to your attitude and behavior overall and the godawful effect it's had, it's having, and it's going to keep having on TMC if you're not dealt with and has less than nothing to do with how you've treated me, personally outside that how you've treated me is evidence of what you really are.  You're suddenly afraid that my complaints might be given merit because they're coldly calculated and based on pure logic.  Moreover, you're concerned that even if TMC Forum Mods keep doing nothing about your abusive behavior, other users might now that I've outed you.  That's it.  You contribute absolutely nothing that isn't intended to benefit yourself whether it's bashing whole MU codebases like MUSH/MUX because you happen to run a MUD or attacking anyone who quotes you in a thread whether they're actually contradicting you or your remarks or just using them as a pin to establish the context of the thoughts they're about to present.

So TMC Forum Mods lock threads that you derail, and they should because you're not going to stop and your track record proves it, but that's really the wrong move.  All that accomplishes is that then you get pissed off at them with all the petulant rage of an elderly poodle exhibiting food aggression, and because you know that starting a new thread to flame the Mods (or flaming them in PMs directly) really would get you banned, you pick some random guy like me to take it out on trusting to the fact that those Mods have real-life jobs or busy family lives or whatever that prevents them from reviewing the whole thing adequately to determine the cause of the problem and take care of it at the root which is only you.  And then others chime in suggesting how easy it would be just to ignore you, thereby implying that it's somehow my fault that you are what you are, and you take that as personal affirmation and keep it up some more.

So yeah.  The root of the problem is 100% you but the problem itself is actually your behavior, the example you're setting for others, and the lack of real response vis a vis shutting off your account or banning your IP for as little as a few days to get the message across.  So as it stands, you are pure poison to any MU or Forum or any other kind of community that lets you slime around and what looks like Moderator apathy toward it doesn't help at all.

The only victims are the hobby (which TMC represents in the minds of newbs), and the newbs themselves.  I'm just somebody who's sick and tired of people like you poisoning the well, and wants the hobby back for people like everyone who actually wants nothing but to get a drink from it.

Darkozx

• Owner of Dragonball Evolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2018, 6:53 PM »
Ok bro, I'm close to posting my address so we can have a meet up and hug it out. I really think you need a warm embrace from another male to make yourself feel better about this situation. I'm really curious how you deal with going out in public, especially in "poorer' areas. You act as if I'm the bane of your existence and that I need to be swiftly taken care of or you'll melt. At this point, I think I could turn this around on you and say you're harassing me. You've taken every private message I've sent to you and made it public when my PMs were only sent to due to the topic being locked and your post being the last in reply to me. You can write out multiple paragraph responses over and over but it's not going to make me repent. I can only imagine if I did get banned that you would demand that my MUD be removed from the listing. Also there's no need to put my wife in quotation marks like you don't believe I have one. I'm sorry but there are girls who like ugly people like myself, shocking eh? Nothing about me is unbelievable, I am what I am and there are many others like me who have full supportive families and long-term friends. You may think I'm some deranged troll that lives under a filthy bridge and everything I say is full of lies but...you could be wrong? The issue is that you don't agree with me, so everything I say and do will be wrong in your eyes, no matter the context. You can get rid of me but that won't solve your problem at all because others will fill the shoes and some may be far worse than I am. There's always that loud explosive guy who says what others don't want to hear, some people like it, some deal with it and some ignore it, time to choose buddy.
Dragonball Evolution, the longest running DBZ MUD online!
Address: evolution.wolfpaw.net
Port: 1874

nullscan

• TMC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2018, 7:34 PM »
You've taken every private message I've sent to you and made it public when my PMs were only sent to due to the topic being locked and your post being the last in reply to me.

So QED to the mod corps:  Darkozx is deliberately inciteful.  No matter who replies to him, he'll target.  When he PMs me additional abuse, it's knowingly and deliberately to evade the administrative action of having locked the thread that he intentionally derailed, because he can't stand letting a respondent to his abusive behavior be the one who got the last word.  That includes when "the last word" in question is such as my last remark into the "we lost the internet" thread, where I wasn't even talking to or about him, just quoting him to present the context of my remarks to any literate consumer.

This is not only admitted to freely, it's proudly presented as if whoever happens to be in the area with him deserves to get shot for walking down that particular street.  Even a hardcore gangbanger would put this cat down for the good of the neighborhood.

Don't lock this thread.  Just ban him until next Monday.  See if you have any reason to lock another thread in the next week, and if you do see how many of those incidents involve users connecting from proxy services whose style of totally unapologetic trolling is identical to his.

#MakeTMCGreatAgain #dontLetMUingDieLikeThis #banDouchebagsOnSight
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 7:37 PM by nullscan »

Darkozx

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2018, 7:47 PM »
Ok MODs...can you please tell this guy that I don't have any alt accounts and that I haven't spammed the forum in the past with alt accounts. I fully accept any of his valid complaints about me besides the ones that are lies. I'm kinda wondering if you want me to make an alt account and troll with it? I really don't want to because I'm not ashamed of anything I say, I'll proudly say what I say using this name or any version of Ozma. Even if I did get banned and make an alt account(which I won't make one) I would use Darkozx2 because well...why hide who I am? Anyways, I kinda think you opened the floodgates on your last post with the name calling(ex: BanDouchebagsOnSight). I'll be nice though and not return any fire but I'll be charging my Kamehameha just in case. KAAAAAAAAAAA......MEEEEEEEEEEE......

Jodah

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2018, 7:50 PM »
Nullscan sure does like to derail threads to get his personal grievances in.

nullscan

• TMC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2018, 9:14 PM »

I had nothing to do with this thread and I wanted nothing to do with this thread until I got multiple PMs inspired by this thread which I neither had or wanted anything to do with from Darkozx.  Even if that weren't the case, literally nothing I could possibly say could be considered "derailment" of this particular thread since I or threads I participated in were directly referenced before I chipped in about the PMs.

I don't appreciate melodrama.  I may get dramatic about it, but there is a difference.

What I actually came back for was to present the definition of trolling, since it occurred to me that there are some pretty gross misconceptions these days. 

You may think I'm some deranged troll that lives under a filthy bridge and everything I say is full of lies

So.... yeah.  Not what that means at all.  Fishermen "troll" in open water by sticking some bait on a line and then motoring ahead at extremely slow speed.  Likewise, malicious internet and forum users "troll" in public threads by posting short, non-topical and non-poignant remarks designed to elicit an emotional response.  They frequently employ melodrama in the hopes of getting a dramatic reaction.

But if you PM someone, it's considered harassing them...

Even if Darkozx hadn't just finished sending me 3 abusive PMs before he posted this, it would still be nothing but trolling.

Blocking is super effective.  The same people tell me over and over I'm blocked every single time I post.

Perhaps I'm mis-understanding, but it seems that the claim here is that people who have blocked/ignored Jodah are still seeing his posts and complain about it whenever they see one of his posts in spite of the ignore.  I have never seen this happen in the couple of months that I've been following TMC Forums.  This is another perfect example of trolling.

Honestly, I vastly prefer when people post disgusting or offensive things and they have a signature linking to their game or website. It really helps serve the site's intended purpose of helping MUD players find a good game to enjoy, at least through process of elimination.

Short and not at all informative, but legitimately in response to previous content.  No indications of attempting to receive a response.  Purely rhetorical.  Perhaps amusing.  Not trolling!

Minor note but the MODs of this forum don't control the listing portion of the site. It's two different groups and in fact I believe only 1-2 people even control/administrate the reviews/listings portion of the site.

Short and sweet, but informative and legitimately in response to previous content.  Not trolling!

To set the record straight, when I get banned, I do not attempt to post until I am unbanned. I have never made another account on TMC and I don't intend to. In the past when I was banned I did not attempt to contact anyone on TMC nor did I "stalk" them. I also do not have a following or crew on reddit, 4chan or any other website that will do my beckoning. Stop acting like you're a bigger victim than you already are. If you block me, you will never have a reason to "view" my posts or get upset by them. You act as if I'm a noob or something but I've been doing this just as long as you if not longer. A simple solution is to choose not to respond to my posts on threads that are not calling you out directly or involving you besides being open to the public eye. Viewing something does not require a response, that is your choice.

Wordy and pointless.  Purely masturbatory.  Not content.  Amusingly hypocritical.  Paraphrased:  "If you don't like it when I run up and open my trenchcoat to show you my penis, don't leave your house.  Retard."  Plain trolling.

Misrepresentation of events, ignoring presented evidence, clearly designed to elicit a negative-emotion typed response.  Pure trolling.

I'm honestly tempted to go and find other examples of Jodah and Darkocz pulling this sh** with people who aren't me, but at that point I'd be moving beyond the bounds of "Proving My Point" and actually beginning to troll, myself.  Also, I'd rather watch mud dry in the rain than read most of anything these two have ever posted since I started using the TMC Forums.  Neither has "contributed" anything resembling thoughtful or insightful (and you really do need to make sure you understand that 'inciteful' and 'insightful' are very different things) commentary on any subject at all. 

With Jodah it's pretty easy to mistake his remarks for deliberate comedy because his Avatar is David Spade, a comedian known for snarky/sarcastic one-liners, but if you put down the crack pipe for an hour or two before you review his "contributions" to TMC Forums you might notice that his input ranges from meaningless drivel to occasionally amusing but still meaningless drivel.  If he weren't such a long-time member, most rational people would assume he was just one of those recent newbies desperately trying to fill a 5-post quota.

Still wouldn't classify Jodah as "a douchebag."  That takes some concentrated and deliberate intent, and it's not really clear if Jodah even knows he's trolling or if he's just really bad at quips.

Traz

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2018, 9:59 PM »
You just systematically insulted everyone whose post you didn't like and essentially called everyone who doesn't agree with you a douchebag. In all honesty, you seem like the biggest troll of all. You just seem to be using this thread to pursue a personal vendetta against Darkozx and anyone else who posts something that doesn't align with your opinion. How is that really different from trolling?

tingonic

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2018, 1:38 AM »
Paraphrased:  "If you don't like it when I run up and open my trenchcoat to show you my penis, don't leave your house.  Retard."  Plain trolling.

HAAAAAAAAAAA......MEEEEEEEEEEE......

nabu256

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2018, 3:29 AM »
I have never made another account on TMC and I don't intend to.
Okay, this is getting weird. Darkozx, please stand straight, look directly in my eyes and say with all the sincerity that nullscan is not your alt account. I'll wait.

Epilogy

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2018, 3:47 AM »
HAAAAAAAAAAA......MEEEEEEEEEEE......

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHeh.

I give this thread 3/10 chortles.
TheDude is dead.

Stop bothering me already 3:

Epilogy

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2018, 3:49 AM »
Mods can't hold me back! Fight the system!

Earth Day passed, no more hack the planet.

The Gibson is fair game, though.
TheDude is dead.

Jodah

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2018, 3:55 AM »
grievances

What is this, your personal festivus thread?  Any more grievances?

Perhaps I'm mis-understanding, but it seems that the claim here is that people who have blocked/ignored Jodah are still seeing his posts and complain about it whenever they see one of his posts in spite of the ignore.  I have never seen this happen in the couple of months that I've been following TMC Forums.  This is another perfect example of trolling.

Whooosh, right over your head.  People make the extra effort to let you know you're blocked in an attempt to "punish you", when in reality they read every word.  They of course forget a few weeks later.

you're a troll, and you're a troll, and you're a troll, everyone's a troll!

Got it. 

With Jodah it's pretty easy to mistake his remarks for deliberate comedy because his Avatar is David Spade, a comedian known for snarky/sarcastic one-liners

Judging intent based on the limited choices of avatar characters, it's almost racist, and I thought I had read it all lol.

Remember the mudconnect golden rule, he who writes the longest posts wins.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 7:02 AM by Jodah »

Epilogy

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2018, 3:59 AM »
Remember the mudconnect golden rule, he who writes the longest posts wins.

Line too long.
TheDude is dead.

Darkozx

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2018, 9:55 AM »
I have never made another account on TMC and I don't intend to.
Okay, this is getting weird. Darkozx, please stand straight, look directly in my eyes and say with all the sincerity that nullscan is not your alt account. I'll wait.

That made my morning, thanks for that hahaha. Sometimes you need a good laugh here and there.

nullscan

• TMC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2018, 10:10 AM »
With Jodah it's pretty easy to mistake his remarks for deliberate comedy because his Avatar is David Spade, a comedian known for snarky/sarcastic one-liners

Judging intent based on the limited choices of avatar characters, it's almost racist, and I thought I had read it all lol.

I was able to upload literally any image I want after conforming it to a maximum size of 100px on the longest side (the phpBB default Avatar max size).  This is doable with MS Paint which ships free with all current and previous versions of Windows.  I'm sure Linux systems have an equivalent product embedded.

So am I still racist or are you still just trolling?  I guess maybe I'm giving you too much credit by giving you the benefit of the doubt - it's just as likely that you never bothered to try or couldn't figure out why it told you the image was too big when you did.

The option is literally on the same page where you would otherwise select a pre-baked Avatar from a list of actors.