The Mud Connector

Author Topic: tintin++ bug with MSDP  (Read 2280 times)

Vladaar07

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
    • Classic 6Dragons
tintin++ bug with MSDP
« on: April 04, 2018, 9:18 PM »
I use tintin++ with Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.

Since I added MSDP, I get garbled command echo from tintin.

MUSHclient works fine no problems, but tintin when I type a command it gets mangled in the echo, puts out the proper command, but it's like using telnet cause I can't see what I typed.

For example.  I'll type ooc Welcome to America with tintin++ now and it echos to me as
ool t Ari

It types out ooc Welcome to America just fine, but like I said it's like using telnet again instead of powerful tintin.

Vladaar

nullscan

• TMC Member
    • View Profile
Re: tintin++ bug with MSDP
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 6:56 AM »
Are you sure the MUD you're playing on doesn't have a Languages system, so that you're speaking Elvish or Orcish and the game is actually sending back 'ool t Ari' when you type 'Welcome to America?'

Vladaar07

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
    • Classic 6Dragons
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 7:28 AM »
LoL, it does have a language system, but I'm the game Admin.  I'm speaking in common.  It does work fine on Mushclient, just tintin that is getting the echo command garbled.

I would have posted on tintin forums, but website is broken or something it won't let me register there it just error's out.  I guess no one else has added MSDP and had a tintin echo complaint?

Tijer

• Community Manager
  • TMC Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 12:00 PM »
did you make all the required modifications that the patch instructions said to?

I seem to remember when we added it originally when KaVir used my mud to test it on, actual commands were getting lost... Been a while since i put it in a MUD so cant remember the exact function names!
--Tijer
War of Legend    • Mud • Waroflegend.net port 4200   • Web • http://www.waroflegend.net
Aadarian Realms • Mud • Aadaria.net port 1111/1114  • Web • http://www.aadaria.com

Vladaar07

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
    • Classic 6Dragons
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 8:19 PM »
Meh,

Tijer you were right I had a issue yet with copyover_recover that was causing it.  Strange it didn't cause an issue with MUSHclient.  But it's fixed now, both are behaving properly.

Thanks All!