The Mud Connector

Author Topic: Looking for a pirate mud  (Read 1683 times)

Eechi

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
Looking for a pirate mud
« on: February 18, 2018, 4:31 PM »
Hello Everyone,

After playing a weekend of Sea of Thieves my pirate juices are flowing. Does anyone have suggestions about pirate themed muds? Role-play enforced is preferred.

Thanks!

Breaker_Asylum

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a pirate mud
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 6:52 PM »
CoffeeMUD has a pirate class, active playerbase, while not rpi... it's fun in a biscuit and I often return to play it!

Ateraan

• TMC Veteran
  • New Worlds Ateraan
    • View Profile
    • New Worlds Ateraan
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 2:35 AM »
Hello Everyone,

After playing a weekend of Sea of Thieves my pirate juices are flowing. Does anyone have suggestions about pirate themed muds? Role-play enforced is preferred.

Thanks!
Hello Eechi, I do not know of any game that is specifically Pirate themed, there might be a space game like that but I can't remember the name.

I will tell you that Ateraan has pirates, thieves, and a shipping part of the game that is amazing where you can have varying types of ships with numerous weapons. You can customize your ship to some extent and battle pirates, whales, monster, deep sea fish, and explore islands.

While this is a roleplay enforced game, keep in mind it is not specifically pirate themed, however, the opportunity here is quite broad.
New Worlds Ateraan
www.ateraan.com

Jodah

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 6:35 AM »
Many muds, while not devoted to pirating, offer a pirating aspect.  You can sail the high seas in Materia Magica, zombiemud, New Worlds Ateraan.  Other muds have pirate like scoundrel classes that aren't specifically pirates, like Retromud and Threshold.  Even Wheel of Time muds have the seafolk which is a sailing class (they act a bit different from pirates.)  So while there may not be a mud with pirate in the name (space pirates excluded), you can find plenty of options in other muds.
I'd recommend starting off with New World Ateraan.

Eechi

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 11:35 AM »
Thank you for the great recommendations. I look forward to giving some a try.

Ateraan

• TMC Veteran
  • New Worlds Ateraan
    • View Profile
    • New Worlds Ateraan
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2018, 9:23 AM »
While Ateraan has pirates and a great shipping and seas adventures this is a roleplay intensive game and probably not for you. Zombiemud or Materia Magika would be better options.
New Worlds Ateraan
www.ateraan.com

Jodah

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2018, 9:35 AM »
I disagree.  The OP is looking for a roleplay game, New World Alteraan would be a perfect fit.