The Mud Connector

Author Topic: Ateraan: A Constructive List of Immoral Behavior  (Read 6368 times)

sazxe

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
Re: Ateraan: A Constructive List of Immoral Behavior
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2018, 2:11 AM »
I'm a former Ateraan player myself who quit (in good standing, I was actually well loved by multiple imm alts as well) and I mostly quit because of the game's abusive implementation of pay to win. It doesn't help that the people who have paid the most in to the "donation" system are disabled players on a fixed income. The scheme is specifically built to get as much money out of those people as possible. It's pretty disgusting.

Also, staff calling for Ateraan's players to brigade forum posts is pretty sad.

Edit: I'll also vouch that the information Edoras is providing is true.
Care to share some proof of who you were, who the staff members were, or any truth to your claims so that an alternative honest viewpoint can be given?

You also are claiming things that are coming from the new era which you were not part of so that is also suspect. I'm not saying you are a liar I just find your comments hard to believe. I know exactly who the staff thought were good and who were abusers of the system so even if you want to PM me on who you are so as not to out yourself I don't mind commenting on the player you were and your contribution to roleplay.

In other words, true critics don't hide in shadows. Surely if you don't play anymore you don't mind giving a little credence right?

Oh, no problem. I was Marcavus. You and I didn't have any directly negative interactions until you very unkindly assumed I'm some kind of moron when I offered to pay Ateraan's server costs out of pocket in lieu of your exploitative monetization scheme. You quoted me $8000/yr and then banned me from the forums and stopped responding to my tells when I requested receipts and a way through which I was able to pay you.

You don't actually have any ammunition toward me and rattling off the names of staff alts would be pointless at this time, but you know I know them just based on who I am.

Tijer

• Community Manager
  • TMC Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2018, 2:19 AM »
I'm a former Ateraan player myself who quit (in good standing, I was actually well loved by multiple imm alts as well) and I mostly quit because of the game's abusive implementation of pay to win. It doesn't help that the people who have paid the most in to the "donation" system are disabled players on a fixed income. The scheme is specifically built to get as much money out of those people as possible. It's pretty disgusting.

Also, staff calling for Ateraan's players to brigade forum posts is pretty sad.

Edit: I'll also vouch that the information Edoras is providing is true.
Care to share some proof of who you were, who the staff members were, or any truth to your claims so that an alternative honest viewpoint can be given?

You also are claiming things that are coming from the new era which you were not part of so that is also suspect. I'm not saying you are a liar I just find your comments hard to believe. I know exactly who the staff thought were good and who were abusers of the system so even if you want to PM me on who you are so as not to out yourself I don't mind commenting on the player you were and your contribution to roleplay.

In other words, true critics don't hide in shadows. Surely if you don't play anymore you don't mind giving a little credence right?

Oh, no problem. I was Marcavus. You and I didn't have any directly negative interactions until you very unkindly assumed I'm some kind of moron when I offered to pay Ateraan's server costs out of pocket in lieu of your exploitative monetization scheme. You quoted me $8000/yr and then banned me from the forums and stopped responding to my tells when I requested receipts and a way through which I was able to pay you.

You don't actually have any ammunition toward me and rattling off the names of staff alts would be pointless at this time, but you know I know them just based on who I am.

$8000 p/year you are SERIOUSLY getting ripped off lol :P
--Tijer
War of Legend    • Mud • Waroflegend.net port 4200   • Web • http://www.waroflegend.net
Aadarian Realms • Mud • Aadaria.net port 1111/1114  • Web • http://www.aadaria.com

sazxe

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2018, 2:22 AM »
I know right? Legends of the Jedi, a MUD with roughly half the pbase of Ateraan, only costs around $1200/yr to run and that's WITH the good GitHub account. Maybe he was quoting me in Zimbabwe dollars?  ;D

Ateraan

• TMC Veteran
  • New Worlds Ateraan
    • View Profile
    • New Worlds Ateraan
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2018, 2:46 AM »
Oh, no problem. I was Marcavus...You don't actually have any ammunition toward me and rattling off the names of staff alts would be pointless at this time, but you know I know them just based on who I am.
Hmm, sorry to say I do not remember you at all nor does any of the staff or guides. In fact no one remembers who you are/were. I had to research to see that you hadn't even logged in since 2014.

On a side note no one gets banned from this game or the forums unless they break serious rules so I'm guessing that says it all. Sorry mate.  :-\
New Worlds Ateraan
www.ateraan.com

Teryel

• TMC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2018, 2:50 AM »
Oh, no problem. I was Marcavus...You don't actually have any ammunition toward me and rattling off the names of staff alts would be pointless at this time, but you know I know them just based on who I am.
Hmm, sorry to say I do not remember you at all nor does any of the staff or guides. In fact no one remembers who you are/were. I had to research to see that you hadn't even logged in since 2014.

On a side note no one gets banned from this game or the forums unless they break serious rules so I'm guessing that says it all. Sorry mate.  :-\

So you say. But you've lied other places on these forums, sooooooo. Again, gotta believe Sazxe here.

sazxe

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2018, 2:55 AM »
I fully expected that answer because that's exactly the kind of petty child you are. I remember when my friend and I first came to Ateraan and we had to coach you through some real simple coding to get you to add autocapitalization/punctuation to says because you couldn't figure it out on your own. You also didn't register a trademark for a name you were using commercially until 2017 (A whole 7 years after you started accepting "donations." Wow!) That's the level of incompetence at the top of Ateraan, although it really should speak volumes that he idolizes an unethical conman like PT Barnum (and obviously wasn't familiar with him until the Greatest Showman came out).

Do you still rate limit the save command? Does your host charge you per write or something?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 3:04 AM by sazxe »

nabu256

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2018, 5:55 AM »
Frankly, I don't see any of this as bad? He's asking for community support from his players, to disprove another singular player with a chip on his shoulder.
To be honest scrolling posts of his shills to get to the actual drama was tiresome. I think that's why people despise brigading. Essentially he interspersed a normal discussion (he is perfectly capable to do on his own) with a lot of garbage "community support" posts. In terms of the thread readability for me it looks just as bad as direct spamming\flooding.
Edit: after re-reading  it's not that bad and shills aren't as numerous as I thought. I'ts just reading through the second page gives a bad impression.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 6:11 AM by nabu256 »

Edoras

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2018, 8:31 AM »
Every claim I have made is absolutely true. Two posters here have already attested to them. There is no opinion in them. These are cold, hard calculations.
Wrong. Prove it like I asked before. You can continue to misquote partial descriptions, out of context items, all you want. If you are so sure of yourself what is the harm in identifying yourself? Exactly.
Exactly which of my claims is wrong? Take even two of my claims and point out how they're wrong. You cannot, and instead are trying to shift the conversation to be about me personally, much like you called the OP 'pathetic' and threatened to sue him.

Tijer

• Community Manager
  • TMC Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2018, 9:11 AM »
I know right? Legends of the Jedi, a MUD with roughly half the pbase of Ateraan, only costs around $1200/yr to run and that's WITH the good GitHub account. Maybe he was quoting me in Zimbabwe dollars?  ;D

i pay around $216 for a year for a linode vps... which has the ability to host as many muds as i want! $1200 is a lot, $8000 is a hell of a lot!
--Tijer
War of Legend    • Mud • Waroflegend.net port 4200   • Web • http://www.waroflegend.net
Aadarian Realms • Mud • Aadaria.net port 1111/1114  • Web • http://www.aadaria.com

sazxe

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2018, 9:28 AM »
You cannot, and instead are trying to shift the conversation to be about me personally, much like you called the OP 'pathetic' and threatened to sue him.

If Ateraan were to sue anyone for libel, and it's libel, by the way, not slander, it would be perhaps the funniest thing the MUD community has ever produced. I would provide money for legal assistance just for the circus of information discovery would provide.

Tijer

• Community Manager
  • TMC Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2018, 9:41 AM »
You cannot, and instead are trying to shift the conversation to be about me personally, much like you called the OP 'pathetic' and threatened to sue him.

If Ateraan were to sue anyone for libel, and it's libel, by the way, not slander, it would be perhaps the funniest thing the MUD community has ever produced. I would provide money for legal assistance just for the circus of information discovery would provide.

Amusingly back in the day Kyndig tried that one with me.. i laughed hard, and nothing ever came of it...
--Tijer

sazxe

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2018, 9:52 AM »

Amusingly back in the day Kyndig tried that one with me.. i laughed hard, and nothing ever came of it...

I don't know that Ateraan could afford to sue anybody anyhow, I'm willing to bet his server costs have at least tripled since he quoted me that 8k figure  ;D

Tijer

• Community Manager
  • TMC Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2018, 10:03 AM »

I don't know that Ateraan could afford to sue anybody anyhow, I'm willing to bet his server costs have at least tripled since he quoted me that 8k figure  ;D

Probably using all that money hes gained from ripping of his players?
--Tijer

Ateraan

• TMC Veteran
  • New Worlds Ateraan
    • View Profile
    • New Worlds Ateraan
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2018, 11:37 AM »
You guys are great(speaking of Sazxe, Edoras, Teryel). You stoop to insults and personal attacks when you don't get the response you wish. You make wild claims like I threatened to sue someone.

Perhaps you forgot the OP who started the thread never played the game.
Perhaps you forgot that none of you play the game.

What is your true motivation? To insult the players of NWA, to insult the Administration and Staff? To shut down the game that you don't play? It's like you don't like the Circus and therefor no one should like it or go there.

Sorry kids, but all you are doing is putting Ateraan at the top of the posts every day. Sort of detrimental to your goals but as The Greatest Showman said, "Good publicity, bad publicity, there is little difference in the outcome."

I'll repeat what I said before to those reading this: You can believe or not believe what is posted. The only true answers will come if you Play the Game and find out for yourself.

Oh and anyone creating a character and mentioning this thread will get half price on admission! (another line from the Greatest Showman. You really should go watch it.) ;)
New Worlds Ateraan
www.ateraan.com

Epilogy

• TMC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2018, 11:49 AM »
People here should join together not tear down.

You've already threatened to sue someone for speaking what amounts to be the truth, now you want solidarity?

Th' **** outta here lol