The Mud Connector

Author Topic: Nodeka?  (Read 9978 times)

plamzi

• View Profile
    • The MUD Portal
Re: Nodeka?
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2014, 9:35 PM »
Hi Justin,

I'm not sure how this works usually, but I'm pretty sure you can put together a PDF of a substantial portion of the core files made up of images so it can't be copied and pasted, then send it to one trusted member of the community. That's what I would do. If we go with someone like KaVir, I'm absolutely sure nothing will happen, other than putting this issue to bed.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 9:43 PM by plamzi »

Tijer

• TMC Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2014, 6:33 AM »
imo, i dont think there is any need to actually prove that Nodeka is coded from scratch. There is no proof that is it or isnt based upon Diku/Merc purely by a few visual similarities of messages.. That and the fact that Darkozx is known for creating troll posts on here...

whatever

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2014, 8:47 AM »
This whole thread is so bizarre, there is nothing here for Nodeka to take seriously.  The only thing to gain by doing this is (possibly) pacifying this guy, Darkozx, who I would guess is in no way actually associated with the DIKU license.

In my browsing I actually went by to try Nodeka out of curiosity, since I had not really heard of it before.  I am actually very impressed with what I found!

To begin, the character creation/design content is very elaborate.  For example, I made a human character who can eventually evolve into an angel or a demon and then further into an arch-angel or daimonikos.  The class I chose was monk which similarly has 2 additional stages with many more options.  I picked these because they were relatively simple but there were quite a few other races and classes making for countless combinations.  If you like the idea of mixing, matching and experimenting there appears to be a ton of potential for it here.

Gameplay is very easy to jump right into, with a new player area that has a dozen or so 'mentors' that you can greet and learn about a different facet of the game.  A campaign/mission/quest system guides you through this and then out into the first real area in the world to meet your guild master who provides you with tasks from there.  I have found it to be extremely accessible and the rewards for completing the new player quests give you a good jump into the early levels.

Overall it has started off as a great game and I recommend it to anyone looking for a new place to try.

-w

Hades_Kane

• Community Manager
  • TMC Veteran
  • Owner / Administrator of End of Time
    • View Profile
    • End of Time
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2014, 12:57 PM »
Justin, I wouldn't sweat it.  No one is making any serious accusations here, and when you have a lone person claiming similarities that no one else sees, it isn't anything to sweat.

The consensus, minus one individual, is that there is nothing similar enough to warrant concern or investigation.

Of what I've peeked around, everything seems real nice and polished too, something I would consider playing if I wasn't so busy myself :)
-Diablos
End of Time - A Final Fantasy & Chrono Trigger based MUD looking for players & builders!
eotmud.com : 4000 • http://www.eotmud.comhttp://www.facebook.com/eotmud
http://www.mudconnect.com/mud-bin/adv_search.cgi?Mode=MUD&mud=End+of+Time

Darkozx

• Owner of Dragonball Evolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2014, 3:07 PM »
**** you Tijer, I admitted I was wrong. So take your troll post and go **** yourself with it. Go ahead, suspend or ban me.
Dragonball Evolution, the longest running DBZ MUD online!
Address: evolution.wolfpaw.net
Port: 1874

Kuros

• Community Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2014, 4:46 PM »
This thread has degenerated so I am locking it. The issue has been resolved. If someone wants to audit Justin's code, they can contact him privately.