The Mud Connector

Author Topic: The Death Of The Mud Connector  (Read 2477 times)

RyanCaleb

The Death Of The Mud Connector
« on: December 02, 2017, 8:09 AM »
Hi,
These are some things that I think need to happen:
1.  The current pollicy is to only list MUDS on audiogames.net if they have special features for screen readers.  Based on the bad faith towards the mudding community shown by TMC, I think this should change.  In my opinion, audiogames.net should begin listing all muds playable with screen readers, even if no special effort was made to get them that way. 
2.  Dark and the other administration are doing a good job here (though we've had spats in the past), but I don't think they can be expected to take on the burden of listing all accessible mud games.  I think that gives us two options.  One is that perhaps Dark could consider giving 1 or 2 other people permissions to edit the database, and make them our official Mud Editors.  If this isn't desirable, or if people are massively against cluttering up the audiogames database with text only muds, then I think it's time we consider banding together to create an alternative mud list.  Blind people are some of the most active mud players these days, and as muds are still the largest of few options we have for accessible MMORPGs, I think it is extremely important that the blind community have an accessible, fairly managed, stable mud list that we can count on to help us find out about new muds, and rediscover old ones.
These are, of course, just my opinions.  But I really did want to draw attention to what is going on at The Mud Connector, and get discussion about it started here.  Let's try to avoid religious flaming as much as we can, and focus on questions like what, if anything should we do now? Are there other websites as comprehensive and accessible as the TMC list that we can begin linking to instead?  Should we make audiogames.net list more muds? Should we do something else? Should we just assume that Icculus will treat the mud list more fairly than he treated the forum, and do nothing?

Please help.
Thanks!

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.php?id=11155

animated corporate promo

Ateraan

• TMC Veteran
  • New Worlds Ateraan
    • View Profile
    • New Worlds Ateraan
Re: The Death Of The Mud Connector
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 12:46 PM »
Dude your post makes no sense other than it looks like a bot advertising audiogames.net.

Did I misread it?
New Worlds Ateraan
www.ateraan.com

Jodah

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 4:17 PM »
Was that post supposed to make sense?  Mudconnector is the same spot as most muds.

Tijer

• TMC Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 7:55 AM »
Mudconnector is dead? if its dead why are you posting what looks to be an advertisement for another site on it? Surely thats not going to get you users if, as you say this site is infact dead?

Molly

• Community Manager
  • TMC Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2017, 8:19 AM »
So, in an attempt to be a bit more constructive;
How about merging the two lists here on TMC?

Wouldn't both categories benefit from that?
Molly O'Hara of 4 Dimensions
4Dimensions.org Port 6000

Gisco

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2017, 10:58 AM »
From the context, I'd guess he meant to post this on audiogames. I know some people there.

Ateraan

• TMC Veteran
  • New Worlds Ateraan
    • View Profile
    • New Worlds Ateraan
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2017, 12:33 PM »
I vote to remove this post, not shelf it or lock it but remove it. It is obviously just an ad.
New Worlds Ateraan
www.ateraan.com