The Mud Connector

Author Topic: Seeking Builders and Coders For Adult themed mud  (Read 1867 times)

Senka

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
Seeking Builders and Coders For Adult themed mud
« on: November 21, 2017, 2:39 AM »
In a world of endless summer life is grand. All night parties, and lazy workdays dominate life. Not unlike martagraw year round. It's certainly what many would call paradise. Though on the fringes of that paradise lurks a darkness. Slowly inching it's tentacles into the light.

The above is a glimpse into the vision of a new sexually oriented mud called Summertime. What I am seeking are dedicated coders and builders that wish to help make this vision a reality.

Summertime is built from the eldhamud source code. Which uses bits of smaug and afkmud codebases with fuss packages. Along with merc. The building olc is done using oasis and pure smaug.

A requirement for all staff and players alike is you must be at least 18 years of age or older, or whatever is legal in your area to view adult material.

For Coders I need these few things. A working knowledge in the c language, and in git are required. Second and just as important is drive, dedication, and time. If you contact me for a coder position I expect you to devote as much time and effort as you can to get code done in a timely manner. Lastly and equally as important you must not be easily offended. This game will deal with topics that some might call unusual. If you are offended by adult material then this is not the project for you.

For builders these are the requirements. Some experience in smaug and oasis olc. They are the primary building systems so understanding them is necessary. Second is a knack for creation and a wild imagination. You are helping to design a world full of people and with it's own history. Good grammar, spelling, and vocabulary. For spelling a spell checker will work well enough. Lastly the above statement about drive, dedication, and time also applies to builders.

If you have these skills and wish to join the Summertime staff please contact me through the following methods.

At Amandashay54@gmail.com
   Or stop by the mud at Game name: Summertime, host name: summer.evils.in, port: 2222

I hope to hear from you and as always have a great day.
Senka, Summertime Head immortal
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 9:00 PM by Senka »

blinkdog

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
Re: Seeking Builders and Coders For Adult themed mud
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 3:14 AM »
If you contact me for a coder position I expect you to devote as much time and effort as you can to get code done in a timely manor.
Is said manor provided, or do we have to provide our own?

Senka

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 3:27 AM »
Rofl, yeah I used the wrong form of manner, thanks for pointing that out.

darksix

• TMC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 8:42 PM »
   Hello folks, I'd like to take the time and let you know that you would be coding along side of me, until a few good coders are in place on this project.  I will gladly help out as well if you need any guidance, and Senka will surely give you a ton of idea's to be coding on.  We will all be working as a team, hence why Git is being used, or svn, or whichever is your preferred way since I have not set up either as of yet.  Try and keep things clean and precise with comments through out as to what functions do, or otherwise if it is part of a big system with a lot of mini-functions, hell, you know the drill.  Some mostly minor coding is needed for a bit of things as well since all the stock area's have been ripped out, and/or bug fixing as time goes on.

Notes for coders:
- No stock area's except for limbo still being in.
- A lot of commands were stripped or something from this base derivative which still exist, and have not been put in with command edit.

What is being coded right now or in the future?
- A completely new equipment system. (Which is almost done, and has to be finished before building of items comes around.)
- Classes, Races, Liquids, Objects, and fixing of the online Class, race, and liquid type editor.
- Skills and Magic spells for these races and classes.  Hopefully a default set of spells to be used in the spell set editor for builders to use.
- A toggled sound system function/s for MSP and a soundpack. (In progress.)
- Brief type system like you see on other muds to gag or suppress spammed output. (The spam isn't bad really, but be nice to have a bit less.)
- Full on sex system for NPC's and players to use. (Think of the old x-social system, very similar, but more in depth for RP.)
- Various other things here and there, perhaps a bit of more builder and m/o/r program if checking and functionality.

Summary for coders and builders:
    This game MUST be screen reader friendly, and should be fun for the normal casual player, and as well for the blind.  (Already is, could be better.)
Try and get most of the game to be editable while in game rather than coders needing to be the core for building reasons, or perhaps some wishful thinking at least. :)  Get a good sound system and pack going, to be more interactive and less dull.  The sex system of course cannot be talked about much in detail here.  This game may take awhile to get out of Pre-Alpha stage, or at least until players are taken on until a few of the core coding is completed, but also players feel free to come and test it out, though there isn't much to do yet.  Well I won't bore you to much with the extra details.

You can either reply to Senka, or to me since sometimes logging in to here sometimes crashes her computer.  Please acquire within the post or via in game, private messages over this board sometimes may not be seen or get answered, so thank you for reading and I hope to meet you there!

------Summertime------
Server: summer.strangled.net
Port:    2222
---------------------------
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 8:53 PM by darksix »
Come by Darklord! Server: darklord.evils.in Port: 9100 - Yep thats a new addy.

Senka

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 6:11 PM »
To update the post. The new equipment code has been added with a body part code as well. Still seeking coders and builders. Please feel free to message me here, or as always you can message at amandashay54@gmail.com, or stop by summertime, hostname summer.evils.in, port 2222.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 9:01 PM by Senka »