The Mud Connector

Author Topic: MUDBytes?  (Read 5173 times)

Tijer

• Community Manager
  • TMC Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: MUDBytes?
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2017, 10:21 AM »
Yeah usually works out cheaper to do more than 1 year at a time, thats what i do!
--Tijer
War of Legend    • Mud • Waroflegend.net port 4200   • Web • http://www.waroflegend.net
Aadarian Realms • Mud • Aadaria.net port 1111/1114  • Web • http://www.aadaria.com

Delic

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2017, 12:40 AM »
Why not renew the domain for more than a single year at a time?

I really don't have a good reason for this other then it's a good reminder to get my ass to work on it!

I don't really want it to just fall into the background. I'm very easily distracted and I'm working so much it would be unfortunately to easy to put it in the back of my mind and eventually forget about it. Fortunately when it expires I get a buncha emails about it, so it'll never be forgotten! I do apologize for the current state of the site, but these are the small things I do to remind me that I have to get it finished, eventually. Hopefully it doesn't take me another 5 years, but, much to my chagrin, it seems to be.

Xanin

• New to TMC
  • -
    • View Profile
    • The Burning Eye
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2017, 1:49 AM »
Why not renew the domain for more than a single year at a time?

I really don't have a good reason for this other then it's a good reminder to get my ass to work on it!

I don't really want it to just fall into the background. I'm very easily distracted and I'm working so much it would be unfortunately to easy to put it in the back of my mind and eventually forget about it. Fortunately when it expires I get a buncha emails about it, so it'll never be forgotten! I do apologize for the current state of the site, but these are the small things I do to remind me that I have to get it finished, eventually. Hopefully it doesn't take me another 5 years, but, much to my chagrin, it seems to be.

would it help if an assortment of us regularly pestered you about it rather than be polite and quiet?

SlySven

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2017, 4:45 PM »
Also something screwy is messing with the Wayback machine archives of MudBytes - e.g. it reports it has archived a robots.txt file for the site but cannot then produce it or content from several months ago as far as I can tell...

Vodur

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2017, 1:21 PM »
Not able to post any new topics at Mudbytes now...500 error every time.

Tijer

• Community Manager
  • TMC Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2017, 4:45 AM »
working for me unless it was fixed in between your post here and me trying...
--Tijer
War of Legend    • Mud • Waroflegend.net port 4200   • Web • http://www.waroflegend.net
Aadarian Realms • Mud • Aadaria.net port 1111/1114  • Web • http://www.aadaria.com

Ateraan

• TMC Veteran
  • New Worlds Ateraan
    • View Profile
    • New Worlds Ateraan
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2017, 4:16 PM »
hmm, works fine for me?
New Worlds Ateraan
www.ateraan.com

Itikar

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2017, 6:25 PM »
Not able even to register there! :P

Delic

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2017, 10:07 PM »
Not able even to register there! :P

You'll be able to register now! Thought I got it all but I missed a database migration :/. As for the topics being unable to post, I'm just combing error reports now looking for them.

Ateraan

• TMC Veteran
  • New Worlds Ateraan
    • View Profile
    • New Worlds Ateraan
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2017, 2:13 PM »
See, a little patience is all it takes!  :D
New Worlds Ateraan
www.ateraan.com

MrDowntempo

• New to TMC