The Mud Connector

Author Topic: Lookin for casual mud to play on mobile  (Read 362 times)

Albios

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
Lookin for casual mud to play on mobile
« on: October 29, 2017, 6:39 PM »
Hi im Albios.
I've been playing mud for a while now, but various circumstances make me unable to play on pc, so im looking a new mud to play on the go.
-im open to anything.

RahjIII

• TMC Member
    • View Profile
    • The Last Outpost
Re: Lookin for casual mud to play on mobile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 9:30 AM »
Give the Last Outpost a try.  The game client is web-based so there is nothing to install on your phone,  and it was written with mobile in mind.  There are touch controls for most things, and android speech to text works very well for the more typing intensive things like communicating.  The game can be pretty casual, you can come and go as you please, no real need to return to town to 'rent out'.  Other than that, LO's a pretty traditional DIku based mud that's been up and running for twenty five years, with all unique areas, in game mapping, etc. 

Like most muds, there's not a lot of people playing it right now... but you can change that!   

I'd really like some more feedback from mobile players on ease of use and control layout.  Try it out and let us know what you think!
"The Last Outpost"

Ateraan

• TMC Veteran
  • New Worlds Ateraan
    • View Profile
    • New Worlds Ateraan
Re: Lookin for casual mud to play on mobile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 11:55 AM »
Hello Albios!

There are many games that will likely work well for you on a Mobile phone. There are several mobile apps that are good as well, however, I recommend Mukluk or Juicessh.

If you are into roleplay with easy commands and options try Ateraan.  There are a lot of players on Ateraan so spam can be tough on a mobile but there are guilds for soloists too so you can go out and adventure on your own.

If you like maps and personal clients try Materia Magica or Iron Realms Entertainment (they have several games), or Batmud.

Good luck and have fun!
New Worlds Ateraan
www.ateraan.com