The Mud Connector

Author Topic: looking for muds with descriptive/interesting skill/spell messages?  (Read 2505 times)

arwayne

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone knows of any fantasy themed muds where the messages related to casting a spell or using a skill are descriptive.  I mean, instead of the "your (insert name of spell) does x damage" or something similar.  I have found some that I really enjoyed the descriptions, but they all seem to have rent requirements.  I am not able to play for long periods of time, or everyday for that matter, and so for me, rent is just frustrating lol.  Anyway, I hope my question made sense, thanks for any suggestions.

Jodah

• View Profile
Try End of Time mud, they have a great spell system.

Sarag

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
Batmud has descriptive skill hit messages, to some degree also in spells. In fact player gets no numeric information at all what kind of damage he is doing to monster, with exception of what % of hitpoints the monster has remaining. Also, Batmud is free.

Ateraan

• TMC Veteran
  • New Worlds Ateraan
    • View Profile
    • New Worlds Ateraan
Re: looking for muds with descriptive/interesting skill/spell messages?
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 12:41 AM »
Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone knows of any fantasy themed muds where the messages related to casting a spell or using a skill are descriptive.  I mean, instead of the "your (insert name of spell) does x damage" or something similar.  I have found some that I really enjoyed the descriptions, but they all seem to have rent requirements.

Hello Arwayne,

New Worlds Ateraan does not use numbers in combat but rather descriptive prose. In fact many things on Ateraan are more roleplay based. For example, you won't find a manual on weapons, armour, quests, etc. Everything is found and learned in character and in the game. Guilds are joined through roleplay your life in the game is roleplay, everything revolves around roleplay.

I think you would enjoy this style and the large community on Ateraan. There are large events, invasions with intelligent invaders, quests that require you to interact and find things specifically in character and not off of a list, etc. There are ships with islands, pirates, and sea monsters. There are hundreds of areas, relics, weapons, armour, and powers.

This is a fantasy/medieval themed game and it is roleplay required so be aware of these features. If you do come by I would strongly encourage going through the tutorial hall which is very informative and gets you started.

Also, start in the north, the south is much too difficult for new players to the game even experienced roleplayers.

All the Best!
New Worlds Ateraan
www.ateraan.com

briankbiggs

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
Here is an example of the descriptiveness of some powers in new worlds, taken from an event where a player went against his sworn lord!

Raising his arms in the air Masterwarden calls out to his ancenstors in a
primal shout!

Masterwarden roars like a mighty lion and tears into Kristo!
Masterwarden charges with the power of the elephant pounding
into Kristo!
Masterwarden cuts through Kristo with the viciousness of a
shark!
Masterwarden slices Kristo with the precision of a hawk!
Masterwarden slams fists and feet into Kristo like an enraged
horse!
In a rage of primal fury Masterwarden delivers unbridled
destruction on Kristo!

AND ONE MORE FROM AN EPIC FIGHT WITH ONE OF THE STRONGEST MONSTERS CURRENTLY IN THE GAME:

> Raelle raises both hands to the heavens and shout out an arcane phrase
toward Shambine. The area is filled with a rush of wind, energy, and mystical
power as the primal forces of nature are unleashed!
Thunderous bolts of energy tear into Shambine's body, ripping and
shredding it in an explosion of torturous demolishing ruin. Shambine is heaved
into the air and thrown to the ground as the thunderbolts crisscross its body
with punishing accuracy!

dominic3

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
Re: looking for muds with descriptive/interesting skill/spell messages?
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 9:35 PM »
End of time mud  ;)
JSON formatter and editor,  192.168.0.1 router problem