The Mud Connector

Author Topic: Looking for a new MUD to play.  (Read 680 times)

dbearpas52

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
Looking for a new MUD to play.
« on: September 22, 2017, 8:09 PM »
So after many years of enjoyment, my home mud is now unavailable to me. Why I don't know, as according tot he forums, it's still online.  I enjoy mudding and it is one of my most beloved past times.  I need a new place to play. I was on Forgotten Kingdoms, so I enjoy RP over metagaming, and prefer a fantasy/medieval themes. Anyone know  of a good one out there?

Areia

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a new MUD to play.
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 4:39 AM »
No suggestion for other MUDs, but...

FK had some issues last week with connecting, but it's all fixed! Everyone's getting online with no troubles far as I know, so maybe try again and see if it works for you, if you still want to keep there, of course. I'd be glad to try to help through PM if desired, just shoot me a message on the forums! :)

dbearpas52

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 6:13 PM »
I'm still looking. Really hoping someone can come up with something.

Jodah

• TMC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 8:42 PM »
Hmm, can't think of any medieval or fantasy muds...
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 1:19 AM by Jodah »

Zividave

• View Profile
    • AnsalonMUD
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 11:14 AM »
Take a look at Ansalon, thriving with 20-40 people on all day/night.
Very active and currently #1 on the TMC list here.

It's DragonLance fantasy, come join us :)

Trev0r11

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 12:22 PM »
I'll have to check out Ansalon myself then. Will keep an eye on the topic for other MUDs :D

Ateraan

• TMC Veteran
  • New Worlds Ateraan
    • View Profile
    • New Worlds Ateraan
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2017, 8:13 PM »
You want Fantasy and Medieval? Welcome to New Worlds Ateraan at www.ateraan.com

The game is based on a book which gives the history and background a good rich beginning for you. If you are into roleplay which it sounds like you are then know that Ateraan is roleplay enforced and the depth of immersion is quite good.

Here are some other features of Ateraan that you may enjoy:

* The ability to have in game jobs in politics, justice, news, guides, among others.

* The ability to truly affect political, social, and religious direction based on your roleplay.

* Dynamic staff run events that adds to the established storyline.

* Guilds that center on Roleplay like Merchants and Traders.

* Player run caravans on land and sea where you can guard or lead and earn coins and experience.

* Very helpful staff, guides, and players to assist you in your creation and development.

* Large persistent, dynamic world, with nations and oceans, islands, and cities.

* Ateraan has two starting locations (harsh and civilized). One in the Kingdom that is law abiding and easier to negotiate and the other in the uncivilized southland with slaves, servants, and conscripts with a heirarchy that is deadly. (Start in the Kindgom or Northland if you are new as the Southland is very difficult).

* Simple creation with excellent tutorial to learn commands of the game.

* Houses, Mansions, Castles, and Ships. You can sail the ocean and battle pirates, explore islands, fish, or whale. You can own a house with servants, decor, etc.

* Standard and Unique Guilds. Mages, Druids, and Fighters, as well as the unique Clerical, Thief, Merchant, Shaman, Warrior Guilds and the independant Rogues.

* Standard and Unique Races and languages. Gnomes, Humans, Elves, amongst other standard races. As well as Trolahk, Malor (dark elf type), Centaur, and Nykos among other unique types.

* Rich history and background base upon a book and incorporated into over 10 years of storyline.

* Large Ocean area for shipping, sailing, whaling, and battling pirates or monsters at sea.

* Large variety of powers, skills, abilities, armor, weapons, and artifacts.

* Numerous quests that are sewn into the storyline and completely immersed and roleplayable.

* Massive invasions where players group (dozens together) to defend areas and AI driven enemies.

Good luck in your search!
New Worlds Ateraan
www.ateraan.com