The Mud Connector

Author Topic: Godwars: War of Legend  (Read 5906 times)

Bordek

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
Godwars: War of Legend
« on: September 04, 2017, 11:32 PM »
will there be any more development on this game, its one of my favorite Godwars games, just curious.

Tijer

• Community Manager
  • TMC Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Godwars: War of Legend
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 1:09 PM »
Radyth went awol about 4 years ago now i believe, the mud is still up... BUT doesnt really get the players it once did.  I agree it was an original take on GodWars (doesnt actually use any of the GodWars code).  If it were to get players again id think about sorting some kind of coder position for someone willing to take it over. Until such time, it will remain up with no additions.
--Tijer
War of Legend    • Mud • Waroflegend.net port 4200   • Web • http://www.waroflegend.net
Aadarian Realms • Mud • Aadaria.net port 1111/1114  • Web • http://www.aadaria.com

Trev0r11

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 12:31 PM »
This was one of my favorites, really sad how far it dropped off

Radyth

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 9:56 PM »
It's been going pretty well again lately.. getting around 6-10 consistently. Ya'll should come check it out again.

pariias

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 1:35 PM »
I was told on multiple occasions to log off and change my diaper. Hard pass on ever going back to this one.

Tijer

• Community Manager
  • TMC Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 4:23 PM »
When was this?

The pbase and code has changed majorly over the past few months, we now offer alot more PVE stuff as well as the PVP which the mud used to be all about.
Most of our players these days are happy to share their knowledge about the game! 

We are however in a quiet period, so not having many people connecting.
--Tijer
War of Legend    • Mud • Waroflegend.net port 4200   • Web • http://www.waroflegend.net
Aadarian Realms • Mud • Aadaria.net port 1111/1114  • Web • http://www.aadaria.com

pariias

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 4:58 PM »
When was this?

Yesterday.. also a few times when I first started playing a month or so ago.

Radyth

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2018, 5:15 PM »
This is a PK mud. The above player got killed by another player and started bashing and being nasty to the player that killed him because he wanted to read in game notes without being killed. The other player then mentioned that you can read all in-game notes as well as the change log on our website. Paraiias' response was to call this player a douche bag. Other people on chat moved on briefly, but he kept whining and chiming in about how the other player was killing the mud (by killing someone on a pk mud..). It was at this point that the other player rightfully told the above to change his diaper. I'm not of the mindset that just because it's a PK mud means that chat should be toxic, but I am of the mindset that you shouldn't dish it out if you can't take it. Also, IT'S A PK MUD.. the main objective is to kill other players.

So, if you think you would get caught up in a similar situation and not be happy.. by all means, take the above poster's advice. If you're willing to kill and be killed (you don't even lose anything if you die), give us a shot.

pariias

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2018, 5:51 PM »
Rad, do you have a log of that? Because I surely did not whine. I got on and before I could even get my wits about me, he logged on his other character in range with me and killed me.

I snarkingly said good job, was reading notes.

That's when he went off on me, spamming chat with ignorant comments and name calling. I got frustrated and called him a douche (the name i was called the first time I pk'd someone fairly). This is when you came back, I assume, after I sent you a private message thanking you for being such an active and friendly Imm.. before you chimed in and told me to check myself and took his side.

I get that it's a pk mud. Your pk is imbalanced and favors the members that have insane time put in. That's not the issue. I was attacked after a minor comment about his choice to pk me as soon as I logged on.. then you backed him up.

It's no big deal man. You guys have your 2-3 lifers. You're fine.

pariias

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2018, 5:55 PM »
I mean, you can look at reviews from many years ago. I'm not the first to feel this way. It's also not the first time I experienced a similar event on this mud. It's just not enjoyable when people react like that and it boggles my mind why you so quickly jumped to his side.

The guy continued to berate me while I was just reading notes.. come on now, lol.

Radyth

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2018, 6:14 PM »
I wish I did keep a log, because you're being dishonest. I was in an another window at the time and flipped back and read the whole incident in its entirety and made a decision to say something (which I usually don't do honestly) based upon what I read. And to be honest, you did need to check yourself. I only saw aggression from your end. Sure, the other player did say some stuff back to you but it was in response to how you were acting from what I could tell. He gave you advice and you called him a douche bag for it. Also there was no "spamming" of name calling.

I don't just take sides based on the people involved and I usually don't get involved.. but you were obviously in the wrong here and you were being toxic on chat. I get my reputation of being "friendly" because I don't take sides and I give everyone a fair chance. I'm sure I've deleted a few of that player's characters in the past for things, so don't act like I was just being a dick because I like x player over you.

Fact is, you got killed on a pk mud and talked sh** about it. They said you were being whiny and then mentioned that you can read notes on our website. You called him a douche for it. I told you that you should re-evaluate the situation (and it was just advice.. take or it leave, guess you left it). You deleted all of your characters and then decided to post your message while leaving out convenient details.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 6:17 PM by Radyth »

pariias

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2018, 6:18 PM »
I wish I did keep a log, because you're being dishonest. I was in an another window at the time and flipped back and read the whole incident in its entirety and made a decision to say something (which I usually don't do honestly) based upon what I read. And to be honest, you did need to check yourself. I only saw aggression from your end. Sure, the other player did say some stuff back to you but it was in response to how you were acting from what I could tell. He gave you advice and you called him a douche bag for it. Also there was no "spamming" of name calling.

I don't take sides and I usually don't get involved.. but you were obviously in the wrong here. I get my reputation of being "friendly" because I don't take sides and I give everyone a fair chance. I'm sure I've deleted a few of that player's characters in the past for things, so don't act like I was just being a dick because I like x player over you.

Fact is, you got killed on a pk mud and talked sh** about it. They said you were being whiny and then mentioned that you can read notes on our website. You called him a douche for it. You deleted all of your characters and then decided to post your message while leaving out convenient details.

Wow man I really wish you did have a log. I wasn't hostile in the least. I said something about the death and started reading notes.. he started ragging on me and spamming social with pouting and whatever else nonsense. Me calling him a douche was just the end of it before I deleted all my characters.

I have no reason to be dishonest. I'm not an angry person. Again, it's also not the first time it happened.. and a simple 'ignore' command would save from anything like this happening.

Really like to know what you read, I don't attack people like that. Douche was just an exit jab because I was fed up.

Radyth

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2018, 6:25 PM »
I've had complaints from multiple people that you're always whining and bitching about something, but okay man. Must be nice in that bubble.

pariias

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2018, 6:32 PM »
I've had complaints from multiple people that you're always whining and bitching about something, but okay man. Must be nice in that bubble.

Multiple people are likely the two people that log on one of their many PK ready characters they have parked at all might levels so they can PK new players as soon as they log. I'm sorry if you guys are all so offended by a single off-shoot sarcastic comment every time you PK me when I get on.

You can act like you're taking the high road on this one, call me a liar, do what you have to do to defend your mud that has a history of reviews stating the existing players (and imm's) verbally beat on new people. It's simply not what happened.. You'd see my snarky remark about being killed.. then him going off on me in social and chat. The grandiose advice he gave me to go read notes on your website is impertinent. He had already killed me, I said what I had to, then he kept going. That's why I called him a douche when I was done reading notes. Deleted. Logged.

That's it man. I have no reason to lie. I don't know why you feel the need to twist it your way, unless it is just in defense of the mud in which case I apologize again - I didn't come here to attack the mud. I left a fair review as well.

Anyway, good luck. Keep working on the trivia, it really is the best thing you guys have going for you right now.

Radyth

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2018, 6:50 PM »
You say you don't have a reason to lie, but I doubt that. Did you have any reason to post your comment here? Maybe those two reasons align somewhere?

What I can tell you for a fact is I don't have ANY reason to be even entertaining this whole incident. I'm not defending the MUD at all - I'm defending the truth. Responses such as these are generally not very favorable to the MUD, regardless of who is at fault. However, you're stretching the truth and trying to make something seem as if it's something else. I can't stand that sh**, so here I am. Also, I think anyone reading this will see the obvious snark you sneak into your replies. I'm grateful that we have our "2-3 lifers", they don't cry and try to make a scene when they die. Also, they give good, constructive feedback to me. All I ever saw you do was complain that things weren't how you wanted them to be. Thanks buddy! I only work on this in my off time for free, but it's totally fair for you to just blast the mud cause you don't like something. And thank you, I put a lot of work into the trivia system and I will take that compliment despite the underlying implication.

Are you really going to suggest that our current line up of staff is abusive? Why bring that up at all? This MUD has been running for nearly 15 years, and guess what? I was 16 when I started coding here. I don't think I was ever abusive, but I did see others that were. But, I wasn't running the show back then. If anything, I'd say our staff is more fair than a lot of PVE muds I've tried. They're all great people, but they are people and sometimes people have their off days. I'm very big on being fair and I've only had to call the staff out like twice since the reboot. This is probably among the best group of staff we've had and it's pretty shitty of you to suggest otherwise.

Also, I think I've said this before.. but IT'S A PK MUD, and other players are not there to make you feel warm and fuzzy.

I'm done entertaining you, I think I've said all that needs to be said and you're no longer a player here anyways. Bye!