The Mud Connector

Author Topic: A Palace Emissary Reduced to a Slave  (Read 1362 times)

Ateraan

• TMC Veteran
  • New Worlds Ateraan
    • View Profile
    • New Worlds Ateraan
A Palace Emissary Reduced to a Slave
« on: August 26, 2017, 1:29 AM »
Ateraan is filled with Political turmoil and has some harsh areas with grand roleplay. There are all kinds of positions of power and of servitude in the game and in the southland this is very much the case.

Recently a the Palace Emissary Kristo got into trouble with the Overseer's leader, the Master Warden. He now is being reduced to a slave to be purchased by anyone at a slave auction. If you want to learn more about this harsh environment or the roleplay in this land log in.

The event is Monday night at 10 PM Eastern Standard Time.

www.ateraan.com

New Worlds Ateraan
www.ateraan.com

SteppinRazor

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
Re: A Palace Emissary Reduced to a Slave
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 1:55 AM »
Oh, a controvercial post about a controversial, and current topic. I'm sure this will garner much useful commentary, and glowing praise.
Like a steppin' razor, better watch my sides.

Molly

• Community Manager
  • TMC Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 7:47 AM »
I don't really see why.
Slavery is not an uncommon feature in fantasy based Roleplay games.

You could probably find lots of features in lots of RPGs that aren't approved of in modern society. For instance, I have seen very few protests against the genocide that is the main feature of almost every hack'n'slash Mud.

Molly O'Hara of 4 Dimensions
4Dimensions.org Port 6000

SteppinRazor

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2017, 8:06 AM »
I object to the intent, not specifically the content.

Your reply proved me right, Molly. I'll stop over your mud and smoke a blunt with your horse when I get off work. Apparently s/he has the good stuff, again.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 8:08 AM by SteppinRazor »
Like a steppin' razor, better watch my sides.

Ateraan

• TMC Veteran
  • New Worlds Ateraan
    • View Profile
    • New Worlds Ateraan
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2017, 10:48 AM »
I object to the intent, not specifically the content.
The intent? What are you talking about? This post is in Promotions Thread. The intent is to promote the game through an exciting roleplay event that is happening on Monday. Why in the world would you object to that?
New Worlds Ateraan
www.ateraan.com

Jodah

• TMC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2017, 8:09 PM »
I took epilogy's comment to be sarcastic.  As if anything in muds are controversial.  It's text, who cares.

It looks like a fun event.  I wouldn't mind showing up and throwing a few rotten tomatoes at the humiliated slave and shouting SHAME!

Breaker_Asylum

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2017, 11:50 PM »
While I find the strange troll with a hatred of you mud amusing, I do not find it warranted. This is a nice rp event, scheduled for a time in which a good deal of people will be on, and able to participate. I enjoy a good rpi mud. provided it is done properly.

*edit, woah, this guy has some serious issues. Issues that shouldn't be posted in public... get the buggart off this promo!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 11:52 PM by Breaker_Asylum »

Ateraan

• TMC Veteran
  • New Worlds Ateraan
    • View Profile
    • New Worlds Ateraan
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2017, 9:08 PM »
To bring the event full circle you might be interested to know that there were many bidders at the auction and a record was set for the highest bid ever for a slave sold in the Southlands at over four and a half million coppers (4,511,000 to be exact).

Here is the announcement:
=====================**********=====================
                              The Teacher Slave Kristo is sold to his
                              new Master Torat for 4511 crowns!
=====================**********=====================

What's more interesting is that the Purchaser who happened to be the Guild Master of the Warriors in the City of Darmahk was the actual slave of the former Palace Emissary Kristo brought low to slavedom.

Guild Master Torat was said to have mentioned he was determined to own this slave in order to make him do some of the menial service tasks Kristo had forced upon him during his time as a slave.

Some said that was epic kharma.
New Worlds Ateraan
www.ateraan.com

Kirona

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2017, 3:47 AM »
I was involved in this roleplay and it was fantastic!

medkev13

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2017, 1:29 AM »
The roleplay for this particular even stretched across both kingdoms. I was in the north when the auction happened. New Worlds is rich with these kind of roleplay moments!

Ateraan

• TMC Veteran
  • New Worlds Ateraan
    • View Profile
    • New Worlds Ateraan
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2017, 11:56 AM »
For those of you who missed this event you have a chance at a similar event even though not quite as exciting as the Palace Emissary.

In this case a Druid from the Northern Kingdom has sought for Fealty in Southern Darmahk. After several weeks of placating to the Council of Leaders and the Darmahkian people, he failed to convince them of his qualities to live in this harsh city. The result has been the order to put the Druid on the slave block for any citizen to purchase. This, according to the southern leaders, will teach him the lowest lifestyle of someone seeking fealty.

This event will begin Sunday evening at around 7 pm eastern standard time.
New Worlds Ateraan
www.ateraan.com

Teryel

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2017, 11:14 PM »
I took epilogy's comment to be sarcastic.  As if anything in muds are controversial.  It's text, who cares.

It looks like a fun event.  I wouldn't mind showing up and throwing a few rotten tomatoes at the humiliated slave and shouting SHAME!

Has Epilogy ever been any other way?

Ateraan

• TMC Veteran
  • New Worlds Ateraan
    • View Profile
    • New Worlds Ateraan
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2017, 12:04 PM »
For those of you who missed this event you have a chance at a similar event even though not quite as exciting as the Palace Emissary.

In this case a Druid from the Northern Kingdom has sought for Fealty in Southern Darmahk. After several weeks of placating to the Council of Leaders and the Darmahkian people, he failed to convince them of his qualities to live in this harsh city. The result has been the order to put the Druid on the slave block for any citizen to purchase. This, according to the southern leaders, will teach him the lowest lifestyle of someone seeking fealty.

This event will begin Sunday evening at around 7 pm eastern standard time.
The Druid ended up being sold to someone other that the Warrior Guild Master (this time a Trader) and the price was slightly lower that the Palace Emissary. A mere 2.5 million coppers. 
New Worlds Ateraan
www.ateraan.com

Ateraan

• TMC Veteran
  • New Worlds Ateraan
    • View Profile
    • New Worlds Ateraan
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2017, 11:42 AM »
The roleplay for this particular even stretched across both kingdoms. I was in the north when the auction happened. New Worlds is rich with these kind of roleplay moments!
This is not unusual there was a huge double trial this last weekend for some murders, but I'll make a new thread on that.  ;)
New Worlds Ateraan
www.ateraan.com