The Mud Connector

Author Topic: Pict is in Development for the Summer! Players wanted, possibly builders.  (Read 820 times)

safekeep

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
http://www.mudconnect.com/cgi-bin/adv_search.cgi?Mode=MUD&mud=Pict

Pict is a total revamp of ROM/Diku with a skill-based rules system that is sort of a mix between D&D
and Skyrim. It has excellent game mechanics and core gameplay (the best you'll find, in my opinion);
it has a large original outdoor world with towns, shops, enemies, and random kill quests for all areas.
What it does not have is a tutorial leading into a story-driven quest line: my main goal this summer.
There should also be triggered events, more interesting mob behavior such as attack raids and other
scripted encounters, and a lot more detail and interactivity in general. Pict is fun, but it is not alive.

If anything about this MUD's description interests you, feel free to stop on my and make a character.
Suggestions and ideas are always welcome, especially right now: send a note or a whisper to Theran.
If you happen to know a lot about the setting (208 A.D. during Septimius Severus's ill-fated invasion)
and have any thoughts at all, whether it be to offer criticism, suggestions, or services as a builder.
The things I am most interested in are knowledge of the theme, writing skills, and a desire to create.
If you don't know MPROGS or how to edit areas in OLC, that's fine; they are relatively easy to learn.

Jodah

• View Profile
Pict is awesome.  Probably the only Roman empire mud.  If there were ever a mud that deserves more loving, it's Pict.

Aelius

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
This sounds really interesting. Once upon a time I tried to start a Roman history mud (I have an MA in the subject) but couldn't find enough people to go in with me. I'll definitely check yours out.

safekeep

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
Hey, thanks Jodah. :D I'm really gonna try to turn it into something truly special over the summer.

Hope to see you there, and you too Aelius. :)

Aelius

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
I took a look - I would have talked to you there, but didn't see you online. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like you still have the "classic" magic system. When I think of a Roman history mud, I don't envision something with mages, wizards, etc. Just wondering why you've chosen to stick with a fantasy-type of magic system.