The Mud Connector

Author Topic: Darklord is seeking builders! Are you morbid and know dystopian OLC?  (Read 985 times)

darksix

• TMC Member
    • View Profile
Hello there, I am the main fella behind Darklord 2.0 (Soon to be 3.0 on July 4th 2017).  Darklord: The Blood of Time has been in a very hostile re-coding phase made off the idea's of Xrakisis' Children of The Night code base which after almost 4 years of 12+ hour days of coding I've actually made Diku/Merc/Godwars/Mindcloud/Dystopia and that CoTN code into a very stable code base which everyone will get an actual full release to use in maybe another year. Would also like to thank the coder's who have helped out here and there over the years with improvements and refactoring. People have been putting so much disorganized coding techniques into the Diku/Merc derivative and Godwars in the past years since it GW was born, and as my OCD and coding skill have gotten the best of me, I still hardly advertise the mud for actual players. That day has almost come though, where it is pretty much bug free albeit perhaps some odd command here or there that has yet to be discovered. It has 0 warnings even on Optimization of -O3 and will run stable for more than a few days/weeks. I am finally in the phase of actually getting the world up to par with the code and it's theme. Hence I need some builders that will put in some work and getting rid of old stock area's and making anew. The OLC has been upgraded quite a bit here and there and anything that isn't up to par with my builders I always accommodate them with new features, and I'm always open for new idea's. I am looking for individuals or even just one good builder that has the ability to be morbid and creativity, and also hopefully good grammar so I don't have to get away from coding new features to fix your misspell's :P But yes I need a builder that wants to get away from building the normal tolkien/Salvatore thing and making a bit more of an alien based and morbid mud with other planets and galaxies to explore, instead of the normal every day mud you have probably built for or have seen. If you wish to apply either talk to me on the mud at darklord.evils.in port 9100 or send me a private message. You will have future opportunities for Darklord Entertainment as part of staff on the graphical games and or comics we are making as well. Try your hand at advancement and perhaps one day even a paid job with us.

Shout out's to Diku's team and Merc.. along with KaVir, Zarius, Jobo, Kelv, RockHound, Tantro, Senka, Yurias, Nysril, and even Xrakisis for his minimal idea's that had to be fully re-coded to work, but are in and working now. Like to also thank Jindrak, Tijer, and Quix* for helping out in the forums.

If you want to build..Come build for Darklord. We've been a GW at heart mud for about 4 years now.. And we give a huge amount of time to keeping RP'ing players and blind people a place to go and have some weird fun. Thanks -Six.
Come by Darklord! Server: darklord.evils.in Port: 9100 - Yep thats a new addy.

darksix

• TMC Member
    • View Profile
Still looking for builders to replace the old stale area's as we are replacing all the classes mostly with original and new ones at the same time.  I have now included the ability to have real hidden exits for your area's which do not show up on anything unless you bump into them, and the new tier-ing equipment system which you can also set for rare/epic/you know the drill kind of gear which can be upgraded by the player by use of crystal essences from finding and collecting such rare gear.  But really need someone who can share a vision and get rid of the mythical things that the old code base was derived from about 20 years ago.. Trying to make it fully custom and nothing stock some day.  If you have a passion for creativity and writing you should come apply/try.  Address is in my signature at the bottom.  Thank you to everyone who comes by to check it out.

BringLifeBackToMuds

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
You are welcome to advertise on our facebook page also

Facebook.com/BLBTM  :)

darksix

• TMC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Darklord is seeking builders! Are you morbid and know dystopian OLC?
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 8:47 PM »
You are welcome to advertise on our facebook page also

Facebook.com/BLBTM  :)

I may just do that sometime soon, Thank you.  Also still looking for active builders. Also coders that have good knowledge of C, and with private git repository's and branches. (Thinking of making a new base from scratch at some point as well, if you are interested just hit me up on the mud.)

darksix

• TMC Member
    • View Profile
Looking for a builder to replace stock area's and or descriptions.  Also looking for a coder to help out with Darklord, or perhaps my psychological based socketmud that is pretty much still nothing, though the idea is all there.  Also post *bump*  Have a good day folks.