The Mud Connector

Author Topic: Domdaria seeks builders (economical compensation)  (Read 836 times)

Domdaria

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
Domdaria seeks builders (economical compensation)
« on: April 24, 2017, 3:27 PM »
Domdaria is a web based medieval fantasy game that has been under development for a few years (by me). The game received good feedback after a short "test period" a while back and I'm now trying to expand the world so I can really test its wings.

Your job would be to:
* Write short plots for zones, fill them with descriptions, NPCs, items and quests (I will mostly draw/outline the zones for you in the beginning)
* Describe needed scripts, that I later implement, or if possible implement the scripts yourself (Lua based scripting language).

Your qualifications:
* Having played the game of Domdaria (http://domdaria.com) to at least level 8-10.
* Good English writing skill.
* Being able to run the world editor: requires .NET 4.5 (windows)
* Be patient. All new content requires iterations with me and I have several commitments and can not give this project full focus. I also live GMT+1.

Economical compensation:
I can offer a decent economical compensation that will be negotiated on a zone basis (though you will have to invoice my company and pay your own taxes). You will also have to prove yourself by building stuff before any negotiation will be started, and any compensation will be paid after finished work (yes you will have to trust me).

To apply:
You do not really have to apply. Play the game a bit and then email me at contact@domdaria.com (or chat with me in-game) and we can discuss a zone for you to start working on. And then we take it from there.

About the game and me:
* The game started as a hobby project a few years back (4-5 maybe) and I have since developed it in periods with long breaks.
* I'm a developer consultant via my own firm and I mostly work with web and .NET assignments.
* I want the game to be commercial enough to "carry its own weight" in terms of hosting, new content (paying builders), purchasing new graphical assets (icons) and in the best of worlds pay coders. I dislike pay-to-win and will avoid that route. I rather see the game be played than failing to monetize it.

Let me know if I have missed some important info. Looking forward to hear from you!

Gicker

• View Profile
    • d20MUD: Star Wars
Re: Domdaria seeks builders (economical compensation)
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 10:57 PM »
I played this a couple of years ago during the testing phase.  It's a pretty cool game and Dom is great guy.  Would be a good spot to do some development for people looking for a project to join.
d20MUD Star Wars: Role Play, PvE & PvP using d20 and SAGA rules
www.d20mud.com d20mud.com port 6000

4th Age Dragonlance Role Play & Adventure
ageofdragons.com port 4000