The Mud Connector

Author Topic: Darklord: The Blood of Time - Looking for new players! Based on GodWars.  (Read 5589 times)

darksix

• TMC Member
    • View Profile
Darklord is finally advertising for players to come and join us. Now offering MSDP/MXP/256 Color. At the heart of the game it is based upon God Wars, but it has been heavily modified to have some other things such as for rp'ing a little or at least getting there :) Some help may be missing, but our staff can easily help you out if you are in a bind. So if you are into some PK and or just some casual play, we welcome you to come join us. Can search for us on here as 'Darklord 2.0' We also have an active wiki page that is being updated constantly. Don't forget to type 'changes' and see what has been going on. This is an adult themed mud.
You can find us at:

Server: darklord.evils.in Port: 9100                  Thanks alot, and hope to see you there! -darksix.

*NOTE* Also need an Experienced builder and an extra set of coder hands. (If you don't know how to code, do not apply, same goes for building somewhat.) Had to update the addy.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 11:52 PM by darksix »
Come by Darklord! Server: darklord.evils.in Port: 9100 - Yep thats a new addy.

darksix

• TMC Member
    • View Profile
Haven't seen even 1 person that has responded to this ad.  Are GW muds really dead? :P

Tijer

• Community Manager
  • TMC Veteran
    • View Profile
in all honesty?  The decent players of GodWars left many many years ago.  Everything has been done over and over.. Ive tried to resurrect the community by creating a godwars based mud forum site which got next to no hits (we had a database mess up so lost the actual forums and i shut down)

Just really seems to be a played out thing... Some MUDs are popular for short periods of time, but then die off for another period of time... rinse repeat..

Dont think this is specific to GodWars based muds either!!

Ran a very DIFFERENT godwars mud for a while with Jindrak, but people didnt like the way we'd moved away from godwars, so we lost players.. Seems they want change... but when you make change they want it how it was...

I may see if i can get an older version of the forums for godwars.net up somehow at some point in time... (will probably lose about 2-3 years worth of posts which is a shame....)

--Tijer
War of Legend    • Mud • Waroflegend.net port 4200   • Web • http://www.waroflegend.net
Aadarian Realms • Mud • Aadaria.net port 1111/1114  • Web • http://www.aadaria.com

darksix

• TMC Member
    • View Profile
Seems like anytime we get new players they end up coming from google specifically looking for godwars muds, and they always seem to say they had tried connecting to so many others and that they were all down or long gone.  So they are happy to play around a bit.  Seems like most of them are old school and can't remember most of the commands or people who just want to try one out from hearing about them.  I've made the PK features a bit on the heavy side once you ascend your race, it gets more than intensive since there is no class recall's, kingdom recalls, or any other recalls once you get a fight timer, and once ascended you pretty much get a goto command to actually get to somebody else.  The other option is to not ascend and those people can't goto you, but they can still try to track you down like the old way.  Just trying to appeal to heavy pk and light pk'ers really.

Would be nice to see those forums back up.  Did they include a developers side for coding in general or helping people get older codebases of GW running?

If it's one thing I've noticed, the newer generation of mud players seem to be very fickle and will just leave on to something else in a whim, not sure why, must be the attention spans over the years :P

*Still need players and an extra coder, really need somebody who can add and edit the help file.  Just adding things that people are always trying to get help on, but it doesn't exist.  I keep a log of anything people type that doesn't exist for help so wouldn't be to hard of a job, I just don't have much time for it trying to code and keep everything else in order and adding new features. Thanks for reading -Six

Tijer

• Community Manager
  • TMC Veteran
    • View Profile
The Site had godwars code snippets, help for new players, help for new coders and lots of other general chatting in regards to godwars in general.  The thing that killed the site was when we accidently overwrote the database when trying an update of the software, i think Davion of mudbytes helped us to convert to from PHPNuke to QSF which is what mudbytes used before they switched to their custom software... The DB may be salvageable from that version if i still have it! Which would still result in a few years worth of lost posts!

GodWars in general is a dying breed of mud, there are still 20 or so listed on here, but of those 20 or so i dont think i have seen any with more than 5 players on, which is a shame as some of them are pretty decent.  What killed GodWars was those dystopia based muds where exp upped majorly so no one had to actually know what they were doing to max out..  shame really....

Wish we could go back to the 1996 days... was much more fun to play then!!
--Tijer
War of Legend    • Mud • Waroflegend.net port 4200   • Web • http://www.waroflegend.net
Aadarian Realms • Mud • Aadaria.net port 1111/1114  • Web • http://www.aadaria.com

darksix

• TMC Member
    • View Profile
Would really love to see those forums come back around, I'm sure I could contribute a few things perhaps. Also on these off topic notes, wouldn't happen to have the help for jedi's 'state' from GW: rogue edition would you? can't seem to find the old help anywhere for that specifically, and would rather have the original than write my own which may not be the same one envisioned.

Would be nice to actually have a historical kind of capsule for things as well all godwars related.

Ahh my GW is based on dystopia gold a little bit, but even though the experience is high, so is everything else as well.  Takes about 4-7+ hours of true grinding to max out a character, compared to the old 1 hour XP runs people used to do and be maxed before the 4 hour pk time, not to mention the many other things you have to figure out that you need to level up and do. :)

Jindrak

• New to TMC
  • I've got a theory, it could be bunnies!
    • View Profile
Would really love to see those forums come back around, I'm sure I could contribute a few things perhaps. Also on these off topic notes, wouldn't happen to have the help for jedi's 'state' from GW: rogue edition would you? can't seem to find the old help anywhere for that specifically, and would rather have the original than write my own which may not be the same one envisioned.

The copy of RE I have 11/1999 only has a single 'JEDI SITH' help file.  I dug back into one of my old sources 4/2001 and found the following.  Don't know if it was something we wrote, someone donated or where it even came from anymore...

0 STATE~
There are 5 states of mind a Jedi must master. In combat use jstate to
activate a single state. Each state gives a small damage and damage
reducer bonus, as well as allowing you to land a few extra attacks at
full (5) states.
~

Legends of Hatred
Diku->Merc | Miniboa | Pyom->GodWars
(as time allows - damn real life)

PythonWars
Rom->Miniboa/Pyom->GodWars

darksix

• TMC Member
    • View Profile
0 STATE~
There are 5 states of mind a Jedi must master. In combat use jstate to
activate a single state. Each state gives a small damage and damage
reducer bonus, as well as allowing you to land a few extra attacks at
full (5) states.
~

That sounds exactly right on the money Jindrak. It's probably the only mud out there with an actual 'state' help although every other mud I've looked at for jedi's help seems to include 'state' to look for at the bottom of all of them, figured RE should have it.  Thanks alot I appreciate it.

darksix

• TMC Member
    • View Profile
Added support for MSDP/MXP and 256 color for XTerm/vt100 capable terminals/clients.  May be a little buggy on login, but will get that fixed.

Tijer

• Community Manager
  • TMC Veteran
    • View Profile
Did you use KaVir's snippet for this? Probably one of the easiest to install into a GodWars based mud...
--Tijer

darksix

• TMC Member
    • View Profile
Did you use KaVir's snippet for this? Probably one of the easiest to install into a GodWars based mud...

Yes sir I did, added it not to long ago to find out if it was the instructions or just someone's user error on TME for not letting TinTin++ and basic telnet not work correctly with echo'ing. Since then I've fixed that problem for them by adding it on Darklord, although for some reason mushclient has a little problem on it (Not sure about any others that I cannot test atm.). Code has been changed quite significantly, but yep wasn't too hard to throw it in. Would also like to thank KaVir for his hard work on putting that all together and Jindrak for whichever role he had put into it, as well as you Tijer, and whomever else that was involved with that snippet.

Really need some new players to come by and stay for a bit. I'm not giving up on running or coding on it here and there, but if it stays dead in the water for months I will probably lose interest in coding forever on something nobody will play..So come one, come all and get to PK'ing!

darksix

• TMC Member
    • View Profile
Darklord: The Blood of Time still exists!

Sorry I haven't been advertising or anything much at all lately, just have been coding in some pretty nifty features as of late.

NEW Features: (I'm probably skipping a million of them, but here goes the most notable.)

1. New class known as ShaoFu: Very heavy into combo's and is from the ground up and nowhere else has them.
2. GET STATUS from certain mobs, when players aren't around, up to 7, but this doesn't include tierkills.
3. PKREADY: Never have to actually PK if you do not wish to do so.
4. Cut down the classes and races. (They are still there, but I intend to get rid of the one's not listed, and races all together.)
5. Jobs and professions are in the works, and races will be totally gone.
6. Added an actual leveling system that helps with HP/mana/move among other things.
7. Equipment Tiers: You can now upgrade your equipment from Rare to Godless, giving a huge stat gain.
8. if you log on, and want to play the older classes, you can get a list with 'Help hidden' and 'Help hidden2" which shows all classes.
9. Random immortal xp buff that gives 9999% extra experience for 30 minutes.
10. Fixed pretty much all known/unknown bugs with the original CoTN codebase it was started from. (Was very HARD to do btw.)

Well that's about all I can think of right this minute, but is indeed a pretty fun game to play, and all it is missing is YOU.  So please come
and check it out.  Also have been trying to get a good bit more RP related things to do in. (Connect is now Craft btw for oldschool GW players.)

Ask us about our parasites!

Come on by and tell your friends about us, and maybe even give a review.  A new mudschool which explains much more will also be done soon, since this place is a good bit different than just a normal GodWars, so it does take a bit of learning new stuff to get ahead.

Server: darklord.darksix.org (or the addy in my signature.)
Port:    9100

Screen reader friendly as well, with sounds added here and there.

darksix

• TMC Member
    • View Profile
Still need players :) *post bump* Come on by, or even leave a reply here.