The Mud Connector

Author Topic: What are your Top 5 areas of all time? Stock & Original  (Read 4734 times)

Tajae

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
In all your years of mudding, what are some of the best areas that you ever seen?
What kind of areas were they?
- What was the theme?
- Was it an EQ-based area or an experience-based area or a terrain-connector area or a do-quest area?
- What kind of monsters were there in the area?
- What was good about it?

Top 5 STOCK areas ever for me:

1. Haon Dor Forest

Want to know your favorites, will post mine later.

Top 5 ORIGINAL areas ever for me:

1. Jurassis by Alecca (From Devils Silence mud)

Want to know your favorites, will post mine later.

Epilogy

• View Profile
Re: What are your Top 5 areas of all time? Stock & Original
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 1:54 PM »
Winterhold is the greatest area ever written.

That is all.
TheDude is dead.

Stop bothering me already 3:

AdventuresWithJ

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 9:20 PM »
1. Divided souls- a great set of dark/light areas, as well as some humor (i.e. figment of your imagination), petshops, and a little mazy as well.
2.Underdark - vastly detailed, well balanced and interesting enough to explore over + over again.

Jodah

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 4:33 AM »
Winterhold is the greatest area ever written.

That is all.

Winterhold needs a few more scripts before I would consider it the best ever.

Epilogy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2018, 4:50 PM »
Winterhold needs a few more scripts before I would consider it the best ever.

I had plans to expand it, but... I think someone might be better off taking the idea, and running their own mud based on it.

The beauty, to me, wasn't what the player saw, which was basically a big grind with big rewards... it was that a builder could, without code, create a new game that didn't necessarily have to follow the programmed intent.

MUDs are only limited by the imagination, so why does almost every game follow what amounts to the same concept? A few games have broken off, and tried their own thing, especially in the area of PvP. The flaw of not having the population to support the concept is regular there. Could it have been in this time, with this capability of propagating information, things might have been a lot different for them, and the rest of us by proxy.
TheDude is dead.

Stop bothering me already 3:

Flint Stovetop

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 1:30 AM »
- Was it an EQ-based area

You mean Everquest?

Redskull

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2018, 3:07 AM »
i once played in a cool area that was 3d meaning it had an atmosphere with gravity, it was a huge area, if you had flying you could go up 10 rooms high and if your spell dissipated you would fall to the earth it was way fun.  also if you dropped a sword from the clouds it would drop to the ground from 10 rooms up and it was a really big area about 20 x 20 rooms but not a perfect square as it had linear paths.  Sadly the mud died.

AdventuresWithJ

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2018, 7:35 AM »
i once played in a cool area that was 3d meaning it had an atmosphere with gravity, it was a huge area, if you had flying you could go up 10 rooms high and if your spell dissipated you would fall to the earth it was way fun.  also if you dropped a sword from the clouds it would drop to the ground from 10 rooms up and it was a really big area about 20 x 20 rooms but not a perfect square as it had linear paths.  Sadly the mud died.

That's a really cool concept. Not even having to be 3-D , there could be an area where you enter (i.e. a town) and then go up(if you have the flying affect).. and if you ever drop gear (or a corpse drops and there's no auto_sacrifice toggled on), it should drop to the ground in town. Pretty neat idea.... thanks for sharing