The Mud Connector

Author Topic: SWMUD.ORG - STAY AWAY  (Read 7036 times)

zachari

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
SWMUD.ORG - STAY AWAY
« on: November 03, 2014, 8:40 PM »
HI Guys
ive been a player of SWMUD.org since around 1999, and recently the situation has gotten worse
for the last few months i have been on the recieving end of harrassment and insults from 3 certin players on there, dispite many mails to LAW on the game showing the insults and harrassment nothing was ever done.

now whenever i go to throw any back at them i am quickly shoutcursed or jailed for it. 

there is no room for new players on this game or it would seem old players. wizards have thier favorites who can do whatever they please, whenever they please.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS MUD.

Zachari

Darkozx

• Owner of Dragonball Evolution
    • View Profile
Re: SWMUD.ORG - STAY AWAY
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 9:40 PM »
Without any real facts or complete thoughts, I doubt many people will take your word on this MUD. Especially since you admitted to going back to the MUD to "throw any back at them" which I assume was you trolling them.
Dragonball Evolution, the longest running DBZ MUD online!
Address: evolution.wolfpaw.net
Port: 1874

zachari

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 9:46 PM »
there comes a limit on how much you can take before you start giving it back. im past that limit. so yes i dished it back at them and iam the one that gets into trouble. dispite trying to deal with it via mailing the wizards, as that had no response.

these 3 players mainly can do what they want when they want... one chooses to hide behind player council role and donated $1000 into a new server, he expecially gets away with murder as its said.

zachari

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 9:48 PM »
and im not the only player on there that will agree to this

stavros

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 9:49 PM »
I am one of the administrators of SWMud. Zachari has been fighting with some of these players for some time now. Harassment has been happening on both sides. When it has become serious, we have punished it by jailing or shoutcursing. These punishments have been meted out to players on both sides of this fight.

We stand by our law process. It is sad that these players cannot get along, and we are trying to keep the game enjoyable for everyone while they have their fights.

If you are interested in trying our MUD, I please ask that you not pre-judge us based on Zachari's post. Our law process is not arbitrary or based on favoritism, and we take harassment seriously.

zachari

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 9:53 PM »
Stavros as much as i would love to say that is the truth its not.
i have been getting harrassed constently on this game for months and dispite mailing law ample of times nothing was done. so as a result i started lashing back at them. however its me that gets punished.

there are other players in SWMUD who agree with this post.

Bottler

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 10:11 PM »
I have played SWMud since it opened and have always found the wiz to be very strict in the administration of the rules (I was on the wrong end of these punishments many times in my youth). The PK community can be a tough atmosphere at times but there are many and more players willing to help new players into the game. I strongly suggest anyone who is interested in trying out a new mud particularly people who are interested in PK come and check out SWMud. Look me up and i'd be happy to show you the ropes.

tingonic

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2014, 10:26 PM »
so as a result i started lashing back at them. however its me that gets punished.
Makes sense. By throwing it back at them, you are not seeking a peaceful resolution. Be the better guy.

there are other players in SWMUD who agree with this post.
Cool.

Kuros

• Community Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2014, 10:34 PM »
So before this thread really gets going, I'm going to caution everyone participating to avoid personal attacks, insults, etc and to keep discussions constructive. And if you haven't read our posting rules, available here http://www.mudconnect.com/SMF/index.php?topic=10.0 , I strongly recommend you do so.

zachari

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2014, 10:36 PM »
So before this thread really gets going, I'm going to caution everyone participating to avoid personal attacks, insults, etc and to keep discussions constructive and related to the MUD. And if you haven't read our posting rules, available here http://www.mudconnect.com/SMF/index.php?topic=10.0 , I strongly recommend you do so.
Thanks for that Kuros, ive said my bit thou and not going for any personal attacks or insults. ive had enough and thats why im now taking it public. this more then likely wont be the last post either unless things change.

zachari

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2014, 5:21 AM »
im just going keep posting these posts on this forum and other forums till something is done about it... either my punishment is receeded or the others recieve same punishment... and if law is mailed on harrassment they take proceedures stated in the rules (which they clearly do not do for certin people)
this mud favors some people and will not punish them or if they do its a very very light slap on the wrist.
ive had enough and am taking action since its admin clearly wont.

Kastagaar

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2014, 5:23 AM »
So what you're saying is... SWMud is so bad you'll only want to play it for 15 years?

zachari

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2014, 5:26 AM »
oh it was never like this 15 years ago! no where near it... the players had respect and the wizes were fair... sadly most of those wizzes are no longer active and the game has gone downhil bad lately... either its rectified or i will keep warning people away from it.

have informed one of the old wizzes whats going on and hoping to see some results from somewhere!

Jericho27

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2014, 5:55 AM »
I have played SWMud since it opened and have always found the wiz to be very strict in the administration of the rules (I was on the wrong end of these punishments many times in my youth). The PK community can be a tough atmosphere at times but there are many and more players willing to help new players into the game. I strongly suggest anyone who is interested in trying out a new mud particularly people who are interested in PK come and check out SWMud. Look me up and i'd be happy to show you the ropes.

Lol of course Bottler would be the one to say this :) He pays his way through everything on the mud which is good because he helps support the mud, but fair and strict? Please bottler if this was true you'd be rid along time ago and you wouldn't get character restorations because you have a bad day and decide to delete. The wiz staff here caters to you and your every need, but yes with everyone else the wiz staff is pretty fair and pretty cool, bottler is just the exception..so Zachari if bottler or one of his alts or one of his band wagon buddies is the one harassing you...well you're SoL my friend. But to everyone else that might happen by this thread. This mud is awesome and people in general will help you by going above and beyond to help you get started and situated and bottler will teach you the ropes in PK because the PK on this mud is literally like no other and is pretty damn awesome and I hate to admit it, but he's one of the best, but remember he's only teaching you because he wants the competition and will most definitely kill you as soon as you're ready.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 6:05 AM by Jericho27 »

zachari

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2014, 6:28 AM »
lol jericho that just made me laugh but most of it is true
however its not just bottler that my issues lie with and thats why i didnt single him out or comment any names. he and 2 others have been harassing me for some time and nothing gets done about it.