The Mud Connector

Author Topic: Firan Shut Down?  (Read 3438 times)

Kinaed

• View Profile
Firan Shut Down?
« on: August 04, 2014, 6:34 PM »
I just heard a long-standing RP game, Firan, shut down. :( Anyone know what happened? A few of our players also played there and seem quite sad about it.

The realm of text-base online RP will be a little less wonderful without them, I think.
TMC Community Management
Implementor of The Inquisition: Legacy

Tyche

• View Profile
    • TheSourcery
Re: Firan Shut Down?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 7:03 PM »
message here
Warning: links to site where game discussion is allowed.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 7:08 PM by Tyche »
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

NWOrpheus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 10:07 PM »
I have to admit that I'm surprised Firan has gone down.

On the other hand, I'm not.

Though it had a large player base, and 130 people or so logging in on a given day... there was a LOT of contention. Hundreds of players with beefs against the game, slews of bad reviews, and a game owner that just wasn't that into it anymore.

Understandable after 18 years.

They did an amazing thing. That thing is over. Frankly, I give them props for just shutting it down where they did, instead of letting it fail more than it has been. A lot of people have been saying it was on its way out, due to really really REALLY poor admin issues, and this just sort of proves the point.

msondo

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 12:00 AM »
Was there not an option to hand it over to somebody else to host and manage? I helped take over an old MU* and have been able to successfully revive it to a degree. It's not at all at the level it used to be but it's still thriving and producing great RP.

Darkozx

• Owner of Dragonball Evolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 12:14 AM »
I hope you realize this post is over 4 years old and I doubt the OP even uses these forums anymore.
Dragonball Evolution, the longest running DBZ MUD online!
Address: evolution.wolfpaw.net
Port: 1874