Well its been a long time since i adventured into the world of muds and I think I am ready to return. I use to play on a few muds over ten years ago. Mostly known on Mudgik the Gathering before it went away. Looking for an rp mud that is pretty user friendly and fantasy styled.
Welcome back Katzia!
I'll point you to Ateraan if you want a fantasy styled user friendly Roleplay Mud and give you some reasons why:
* Very large player base. Over 100 players at all times. Massive events, invasions, with cultural, social, political, and religious events are large and small scale.
* Very helpful staff, guides, and players to assist you in your creation and development.
* Two roleplay intense guilds that focus mostly on creativity, crafting, and design in the form of Merchants and Traders who establish the economy and trade.
* Large persistent, dynamic world, with nations and oceans, islands, and cities.
* Ateraan has two starting locations (harsh and civilized). One in the Kingdom that is law abiding and easier to negotiate and the other in the uncivilized southland with slaves, servants, and conscripts with a heirarchy that is deadly. (Start in the Kindgom or Northland if you are new as the Southland is very difficult).
* Simple creation with excellent tutorial to learn commands of the game.
* Excellent Staff and Guides to assist you as a new player.
* Houses, Mansions, Castles, and Ships. You can sail the ocean and battle pirates, explore islands, fish, or whale. You can own a house with servants, decor, etc.
* Standard and Unique Guilds. Mages, Druids, and Fighters, as well as the unique Clerical, Thief, Merchant, Shaman, Warrior Guilds and the independant Rogues.
* Standard and Unique Races and languages. Gnomes, Humans, Elves, amongst other standard races. As well as Trolahk, Malor (dark elf type), Centaur, and Nykos among other unique types.
* Resurrection and Permadeath both dependant on the situation and roleplay.
* Rich history and background base upon a book and incorporated into over 10 years of storyline.
* Large Ocean area for shipping, sailing, whaling, and battling pirates or monsters at sea.
* Large variety of powers, skills, abilities, armor, weapons, and artifacts.
* Numerous quests that are sewn into the storyline and completely immersed and roleplayable.
These are some of the features of Ateraan.
Have fun and Good Luck!