The Mud Connector

Author Topic: www.mudportal.com  (Read 18871 times)

plamzi

• View Profile
    • The MUD Portal
Re: www.mudportal.com
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2014, 2:16 PM »
New Features:

+ MXP frames (depicted)
+ MSDP improved support
+ A toolbar for window management (depicted)

Lots of fixes and too many small improvements to list here.

We've had some active devs customizing the app via MXP & MSDP, and using the modular API to add graphical elements. Why aren't you?

Players: it's time to try a MUD client born on this side of the millennium!

P. S.
If you're a dev and you're nervous about investing time in a cloud app, don't be. First, I'll never throw away many days of good work. Second, you can do "Save Page As" every day if you want, and keep local copies of your scripts. Third, the app code is already on GitHub.

Gicker

• View Profile
    • d20MUD: Star Wars
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2014, 5:29 PM »
+1

Thanks for the great work Plamzi.  Awesome contribution!
d20MUD Star Wars: Role Play, PvE & PvP using d20 and SAGA rules
www.d20mud.com d20mud.com port 6000

4th Age Dragonlance Role Play & Adventure
ageofdragons.com port 4444 or port 4500

Arond

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2014, 8:43 PM »
Nice work.  :)

Was wondering if work was being done on this, github hadn't looked to be active.  :p

plamzi

• View Profile
    • The MUD Portal
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2014, 9:25 PM »
Nice work.  :)

Was wondering if work was being done on this, github hadn't looked to be active.  :p

GitHub has been brought up to date, but as I've said before, the focus of this project is building up a community around the website--as a resource for admins and a game portal for players.

plamzi

• View Profile
    • The MUD Portal
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2014, 4:04 PM »
In preparation to wreak Havoc, the modal plugins for the Portal app have been upgraded. They can now display MXP content, accept user input, display appropriate error messages, and can be invoked via GMCP / JSON from the server.

In practice, this means that you can build complete interaction flows layered on top of your main UI by using only server-side code (no JS skills / mudportal.com customizations needed).

API Documentation:
http://www.mudportal.com/forum/api-documentation

Screenshots:

plamzi

• View Profile
    • The MUD Portal
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2015, 10:10 AM »
*bumpitty-bump-bump*

The MUD Portal is now on a fast dedicated server, and even more capable of serving the MUD community.

Game socially, set up a web app for your game in a matter of minutes, check out source code, enter the 21st Century of mudding.

plamzi

• View Profile
    • The MUD Portal
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2015, 3:30 AM »
Some announcements:

* We're now running the latest and greatest CMS version, which includes version control for all your articles and web app customization scripts. Screenshot below.

* The Getting Started Guide has been updated with a simple 7-step tutorial that shows you how to begin customizing your app.

It's never been easier to tap into the resources of the site to make your game better faster. I'm usually around in the Game Center chat channels and happy to answer questions.

Gicker

• View Profile
    • d20MUD: Star Wars
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2015, 3:38 PM »
Awesome, nice Plazmi :)  I will see if I can stop in the chat channels some time this week and see if I can get the MSDP stuff working I was working on.  Cheers and thanks for all your contributions!
d20MUD Star Wars: Role Play, PvE & PvP using d20 and SAGA rules
www.d20mud.com d20mud.com port 6000

4th Age Dragonlance Role Play & Adventure
ageofdragons.com port 4444 or port 4500

plamzi

• View Profile
    • The MUD Portal
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2015, 11:41 PM »
The MUD Portal is now even more social than it was yesterday (not to mention the day before yesterday).

Use your existing Facebook, Google, Twitter, or GitHub account to log in.

If you still don't wanna, use the new /name | /nick command in chat to give yourself a temporary nick. Or just go by "guest", we don't care!

As long as you enjoy playing your favorite games socially, on a 21st Century client.

P. S.
FYI, Twitter auth seems to be the worst of these. First, Twitter asks you for permission to post on your behalf, which the Portal site would never do. Then you're still asked to fill in a registration form because the details it shares are slim. I guess the only benefit is then you can just use your Twitter credentials.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 11:47 PM by plamzi »

Tijer

• TMC Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2015, 8:24 AM »
App Not Set Up: This app is still in development mode, and you don't have access to it. Switch to a registered test user or ask an app admin for permissions.

Just tried that.. and the above is what i get... (do have an account.. dunno if that makes any difference)

« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 9:18 AM by Tijer »

plamzi

• View Profile
    • The MUD Portal
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2015, 9:37 AM »
App Not Set Up: This app is still in development mode, and you don't have access to it. Switch to a registered test user or ask an app admin for permissions.

Just tried that.. and the above is what i get... (do have an account.. dunno if that makes any difference)

Had to flip one more switch for Facebook login to start working for everyone. Thanks for catching that.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 9:49 AM by plamzi »

Tijer

• TMC Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2015, 10:22 AM »

Had to flip one more switch for Facebook login to start working for everyone. Thanks for catching that.

works now...

plamzi

• View Profile
    • The MUD Portal
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2015, 9:16 AM »
A new voting system is now live. At this time, only registered users can vote, and can rate multiple games once every 24 hrs. I'm not sure yet when and if votes will be reset, etc. Depending on use (or abuse :) as it were), I will make adjustments. The goal is to try something different and not to end up with a list that never changes.

Feedback & suggestions welcome. (This includes any other suggestions on how to promote the site & app better.)

Also, players & admins are welcome!

plamzi

• View Profile
    • The MUD Portal
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2016, 7:14 PM »
Some folks are starting to give the MUDPortal mapper plugin a closer look, so I've made some key enhancements to lower the entry barrier:

* You will now notice a little globe icon appear in your ScrollView corner when you connect to a game that doesn't already load the mapper. You can invoke the mapper from that button.

* The mapper will automatically enter edit mode if your game is in early stages of mapping (less than 10 rooms). You will also be dropped into the first room, even if the game is not yet sending location info in a way that the mapper can understand.

* If you select "Upload room data", you will see a working example of what format the data needs to be in.

Registered game admins will be automatically creating a map that all their players can access (for that to happen, they need to edit their main script to load the mapper on app load). Registered portal users will be creating a map saved under their own username. Then they can contact a game admin to have the map installed as default.

For more details, click on the image below. If you have mapper-specific questions, use the thread on the destination page.

Vodur

• New to TMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2017, 12:29 AM »
Hey Plamzi,
Seems to be down today. Planning to bring it back up?