The Mud Connector

Author Topic: Copyover on Rom24b6  (Read 5270 times)

YoungBlood

• View Profile
RE: RE: RE: Copyover on Rom24b6
« on: October 26, 2001, 10:52 PM »
quickmud comes with copyover. :)

... sorry if i'm not understanding the question, but why should you need to install it if you already had it. pfile corruption is a wide category, too. here are some *temporary* suggestions:

1.implement some sort of backup_pfile to area_update in update_handler. I know theres a snippet out there for it somewhere.

2.free up diskspace! sometimes that's all it takes.

um, can't think of anything else atm. sorry. you need to be more specific, though I know it's hard to be.

beclour

• View Profile
RE: Copyover on Rom24b6
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2002, 3:27 AM »
Afraid I'd need to see this copyover 7.

I'm not big on snippets, usually code everything
myself. So I'm not aware of this one. Can you provide
an address so I can take a look at it and see if
there are any bugs that jump out at me?

omagasohe

• View Profile
Copyover on Rom24b6
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2001, 11:32 AM »
After a few bag bugs creeped in, we decided to trash 10 monthes of my code, and We went from QuickMUD to plain vanilla Rom24b6 with olc 2.0(aginst my will, owner said "i herd it was more stable and bug free" cackle)

Well as good little coder, i added in copyover 7, and Ferric's sighandler(this later one was modified by me to fix some really bad circular crashes)
now they both crash, and copyover is randomly screwing pfiles. oh great. oh *CENSORED*. Well if any can offer assistance
I'd appreshiate(I know I can't spell).

Welll thanks, and happy mudding

Crystalmir

• View Profile
RE: Copyover on Rom24b6
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2001, 3:40 PM »
Coder? you?

hahhahahhahahahahhahahaha

omagasohe

• View Profile
RE: RE: Copyover on Rom24b6
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2001, 5:28 PM »
Obviously i'm not the worlds greatest. But since your counted among the varrious twinks in the world, well jeez i don't think it matters what you precieve. But since this is getting off topic.... I need help, i asked, and all you had to offer is your blantent show of stupidity. you should have just keeped you mouth shut.